• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Champion Universal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Australian made Champion Universal chainsaw. As far as I am aware these were made primarily in the mid-to-late 1950's and only sold in Australia. This is the largest displacement, production, dedicated one-man chainsaw coming in at a whopping 160cc!

This particular machine has seen it's fair share of use and shows plenty of 'character' but isn't too bad overall. The biggest item to note is that this one, which is not uncommon for these, has had the starter assembly replaced with a pulley so that starting it would require a starter rope. I have a starter rope for it. The starters on these unfortunately didn't hold up terribly well.

This saw turns over smoothly, has a clean piston and cylinder (see photos), and has good spark. That said, I have never attempted to start it, nor will I. To me, this saw is a shelf/collection piece, not a runner. I am not selling it as a runner but rather a project, if you choose, or a great shelf piece for the collection if you want a saw that's truly unique, rare, and huge!

It comes with a Mall bar (not OE) and a Pioneer 7/16" pitch chain (not OE that I know of).

Please feel free to message me with any questions and I have many more photos if wanted.

Asking $2,200 net OBO, plus shipping, insurance. I am willing to ship anywhere domestically or internationally.

Primarily looking for a cash deal but potential trades (partial or full) would include a sand cast Contra (or parts), Contra G, Contra GS, 090G S1 or 090G S2.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

Australian made Champion Universal chainsaw. As far as I am aware these were made primarily in the mid-to-late 1950's and only sold in Australia. This is the largest displacement, production, dedicated one-man chainsaw coming in at a whopping 160cc!

This particular machine has seen it's fair share of use and shows plenty of 'character' but isn't too bad overall. The biggest item to note is that this one, which is not uncommon for these, has had the starter assembly replaced with a pulley so that starting it would require a starter rope. I have a starter rope for it. The starters on these unfortunately didn't hold up terribly well.

This saw turns over smoothly, has a clean piston and cylinder (see photos), and has good spark. That said, I have never attempted to start it, nor will I. To me, this saw is a shelf/collection piece, not a runner. I am not selling it as a runner but rather a project, if you choose, or a great shelf piece for the collection if you want a saw that's truly unique, rare, and huge!

It comes with a Mall bar (not OE) and a Pioneer 7/16" pitch chain (not OE that I know of).

Please feel free to message me with any questions and I have many more photos if wanted.

Asking $2,200 net OBO, plus shipping, insurance. I am willing to ship anywhere domestically or internationally.

Primarily looking for a cash deal but potential trades (partial or full) would include a sand cast Contra (or parts), Contra G, Contra GS, 090G S1 or 090G S2.

View attachment 1004814View attachment 1004815View attachment 1004816View attachment 1004817View attachment 1004818View attachment 1004819View attachment 1004820View attachment 1004822View attachment 1004823View attachment 1004824
Hope it sells. I will add more later

View attachment 1004814View attachment 1004815View attachment 1004816View attachment 1004817View attachment 1004818View attachment 1004819View attachment 1004820View attachment 1004822View attachment 1004823View attachment 1004824
did it sell

Latest posts

Back