Charity cutting for Interfaith Caregivers 10-10-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd or 10th

the caregivers cutting is on the tenth.. the 2nd is a firewood cutting for a friend of mine and JD. her husband had shoulder surgery and they heat with wood..

Wish i could join it but im a far away off from wisconsin area beautiful country up there though have relation up there in abbottsford curtiss owen withee area and oshkosh area

i heard on the news that there is a flood up there just making sure everyone is ok

SW WI got hit pretty hard, I just got back from a trip down to Milwaukee to see a Brewers game, lots of water over the banks of the Chippewa and Black rivers, and likely others. I'm north of there, and have had plenty of rain, but not flood scale stuff.

SW WI got hit pretty hard, I just got back from a trip down to Milwaukee to see a Brewers game, lots of water over the banks of the Chippewa and Black rivers, and likely others. I'm north of there, and have had plenty of rain, but not flood scale stuff.

Same thing in Minnesota - 30+ counties. It looks like I will be tied up with these floods and not able to participate on the 10th. Sorry.

Philbert

we run a very tight ship at wet gun powders shop!! Todd and I keep things running very smooth.. Fridays are really bad because we have to watch grandpa tractor also... just kidding it is all fun.. anyone who can make the the cutting on Oct. second wood be great.. let grandpatractor know.. this was one of my co-workers.. it will be fun and appreciated

pele55 the only 40 year old I know on RITALIN:laugh:

Plenty of wood to cut

Talked to Denny today. Said he will have 2 and possibly 3 semi loads of logs delivered by the 10th. He also has marked close to 150 standing trees in his woods that need to come down.:chainsaw: So if you like to fell and cut or just cut from a pile there will be enough for everyone to do. I will provide the bar oil for everyone but you must provide your own special elxir for your fuel tanks. We will meet for breakfast at the Main St Cafe in Siren like we did in the spring-around 7AM. Sounds like INTERFAITH will provide a picnic lunch for us in the afternoon.

Can't wait to shred some saw chips-thanks for the update.

WPG could you please PM me the address, I'd like to make the breakfast but if I can't I'll just drive straight to the site but I don't know where it is?

See, that just kills me. We've just booked three lake cabin closings that weekend, so not only will I not be able to make the GTG, but I won't be able to make the 10th gig either.

Making a living. Sometimes it really sucks!!!!! :chainsawguy:

Can't wait to shred some saw chips-thanks for the update.

WPG could you please PM me the address, I'd like to make the breakfast but if I can't I'll just drive straight to the site but I don't know where it is?

Ripper, if ya want to meet up here and ride up together, shoot me a PM. I'm pretty much right on your way up there. Your wheels or mine.

See, that just kills me. We've just booked three lake cabin closings that weekend, so not only will I not be able to make the GTG, but I won't be able to make the 10th gig either.

One Steve at a time...seems to have worked fairly well so far :D

WGP, would have loved to come up tomorrow, but I'm on day 4 of a "2 day" roof project. Let's hope like he11 that we don't get to day 11...

You goin over to woody's on the 9th?

Sometimes life gets in the way of having fun!!

Job well done as members!

53 cord of firewood (over 40 or them before lunch!) cut today for Interfaith Caregivers! Denny said with todays wood, the spring cut, and the wood cut at the One Shot in April we have cut over 90 cord of wood to be given to people in need. Thanks to all who helped today and those of you who helprd in the spring who could not make it today. I'm sure plenty of pictures will be posted later. After a hot shower and 2 aleve I am off to assume the luge position in my Lazyboy!!!:dizzy:

Pics and vids coming, over 8 gigs between yesterday and today. Gonna take a bit of time for that! Aleve - now there's an idea!

Great time was had, much premium saw gas was burned - I was not the only one going home with an empty gas can.

Best part of the day was WGP presenting Denny with a shiny new 5100 Dolmar. He's a most deserving recipient of a fine saw.

Sounds like a good time had by all!

Wish I could have made it this weekend...but life got in the way!

:clap: :clap: Good going all of you! :clap: :clap:

Pics and vids coming, over 8 gigs between yesterday and today. Gonna take a bit of time for that! Aleve - now there's an idea!

Great time was had, much premium saw gas was burned - I was not the only one going home with an empty gas can.

Best part of the day was WGP presenting Denny with a shiny new 5100 Dolmar. He's a most deserving recipient of a fine saw.

I agree with it all, Steve. I am about out of gas and my can is about empty too!

Nothing better than watching Denny cutting with that BIG smile on his face!!:greenchainsaw:

Some pics, got more to come yet, if I can keep the eyeballs open...

First is Denny getting his new saw, Wetgunpowder to his right. The gent in the black hat near me is Denny's father. He's in his 80's and still makes it out to the woodpile regularly:

attachment.php

Closer shot, love at first sight:

attachment.php

Required action shot, note that goofy new saw grin...Y'all know that grin!

attachment.php

Diehard (but we're working on him) J-Redhead Pele55 giving his Dolmar for a day the once over. I think he likes it!

attachment.php

Group photo: L-R front row: Denny from Interfaith, Thorcw, Heavy Fuel, MNRipper, Wendell, Grandpatractor, Beefie, local Dan, and yours truly. On the trailer, L-R are Pele55, GPT's son Michael, GrizzlyAdams86, and Wetgunpowder.

I'm probably gonna bring this one up and get a print made to hang in WGP's shop.

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back