CHINA JUNK- *clones* thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logger 12345

husqvarna pilot
Reaction score
i don't like anything chinese (no offence to any)

before i start on my rant,my main question in this thread is HAVE ANY OF YOU tried one?
if so what was you're opinions on it??;)

i will admit though that i have never tried one of the more recent husqvarna copies so this thead is just
puerly out of curiousity.
they can be bought VERY cheap.

ok let me begin my rant:
before buying my recent new husqvarna 365sp from my local reputable husky dealership i almost
got burnt bad online,FORTUNATLY i knew exactly what to look out for in the china clone,i will state here
what i watch for:

1/ first dead give away is the labels,usually with spelling mistakes so often seen on china :D

2/ carbs on the china husky clones are usually (no name) or tillotson carbs,the genuine huskies usually
come with walbro,especially the newer ones.

3/ the bars and chains are rubbish,bars either have no name on them or a crap looking
husky sticker which is so obviously fake you couldn't miss it.

4/ false serial stamps,they usually don't provide enough info,such as date of build

5/ the MAIN thing to watch for,on every genuine husky saw they have
EM original -made in sweeden!!!! NONE of the china saws have this stamped inside the covers!
the genuine saw has these stamped on all plastic covers!

6/ last but not least,the china saw will have a very cheap looking airfilter which looks like it couldn't filter
a good fart!!!! :hmm3grin2orange:
also the carbs on the china saw are seam welded to cylinder head which is rubbish,no vibration dampening at all!!!

the husqvarna carb is always mounted on rubber.

the china saw also is always a brighter shade of orange,again a dead give away,they just look and
reek of CHEAPNESS!!!!

beware a lot of these floating around the world,online & in you're local buy & sell internet sites.

they usually are bought in bulk from china for around 150$ per saw and sold on for the full price!!

this here is one typical example of a factory in china.
in fact this is the 'closest copy i have seen'

ootool is this fellas name or buisness name,it is a close copy like i said,
and boy he is some tool this fella hahah

http://ootool.en.made-in-china.com/...na-Husqvarna-365-Gasoline-Chain-Saw-365-.html

regards
dan

Last edited:
DSCF3221.jpg

DSCF3208.jpg

DSCF3210.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TG_BSvTwRSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QFd5pIFStCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

they look good ozzie,impressed actually to say the least,but anything will go good 'ported' in fairness
no offence

how was it standard?

some carbs like you're could be mounted on rubber which is good.

nice vids :msp_wink:

in fact video no2 is VERY impressive!!! wow....

you're hear so much bad publicity about shina saws you start to believe it,could this thread be
my turning point in what i feel about chinese saws..:msp_unsure:

ozzy,would be great if you chime in here again and tell us how long you hve had it and any trouble??

how was it standard and how much it cost new??

of course then you can ask,how are the anchillaries such as oil pumps and coils etc
last thing you want is trouble out in the field trying to do a hard days work.
thanks
dan

Last edited:
in fact video no2 is VERY impressive!!! wow....

you're hear so much bad publicity about shina saws you start to believe it,could this thread be
my turning point in what i feel about chinese saws..:msp_unsure:

ozzy,would be great if you chime in here again and tell us how long you hve had it and any trouble??

how was it standard and how much it cost new??

thanks
dan

Hi Dan. Matt (MCW) is the man to talk to about pricing. He paid for it and sent it my way to play with. I never tried it with the 365 top end. Straight into a ported BB kit. The idea was to put as much pressure on the bottom end to see how it would hold up. I haven't used my 371BB since, only this saw and so far about a doz tanks. Those two video's were at about 1 tank of fuel and it has loosened up well and holding alot more torque. To run it, you would'nt pick it against a 372 (BB) (difference in power though with more work done to the 371) even though the handle is a little different in the bend. Husky parts will interchange with this saw.

Last edited:
aussie 1

that in fairness is very impressive man,and it makes them better that the husky parts interchange
now i feel like an ejit for the thread title, :msp_wink:

very intresting,would love to get one at some point as a 'second' saw just to see how it would hold up.

after seeing these vids and speaking to you my mind has already been changed!!

aussie 1

that in fairness is very impressive man,and it makes them better that the husky parts interchange
now i feel like an ejit for the thread title, :msp_wink:

very intresting,would love to get one at some point as a 'second' saw just to see how it would hold up.

after seeing these vids and speaking to you my mind has already been changed!!

Don't feel badly, bud. Lots of crap chuskies out there. The one Al is showing you is after Matt had a few through his hands to see which ones were worth a damn.

Sadly some of the "reverse engineered" stuff is pretty close to the original. Look at those Honda ripooffs.

Interesting thread Dan. I bought one of the clones a while ago to test/use for parts and the quality was pretty poor. Fortunately the manufacturer came to the party and gave me a partial refund for the poor quality so I basically ended up paying for shipping only. The saw starts normally and runs pretty good, oil pump, etc also work as they should. However, the paint was a bit flaky and had corrosion in the oil tank and behind the muffler. The annoying thing was that it was not a 365 'special' copy even though the label says special lol. This meant that it had small bar mount and old style carb boot. I asked the manufacturer about the label issues and his reply was - "It's not actually a real husky and therefore you can't trust the labels" ...well you don't say mr china man. :msp_rolleyes:

A few other things to look out for on fake saws is:

- All the chinese copies I have seen have the jungle/tube style muffler (however some older real huskies also used this muffler)

- Many of the fakes have zinc coated bar studs and felling spike - real huskies are usually black.

- Most fakes also have black throttle levers instead of grey.

- Oh and the fakes smell like chinese materials... lol

Just had a thought - wouldn't it be funny if the chinese read this thread and fixed all there mistakes... On second thoughts, I guess it wouldn't be funny at all.

hello rudolf,

good post,yep i noticed that too in the china saw the off coloured throttle levers.

sorry MR china man if this thread insults you,i am only giving my 2cents based on some
equipment i have bought from there.

such as the PRESSURE WASHER i once bought for a a nice few euros which lasted a week
and the label read 'EASY STARY' instead of 'EASY START' hahah LMAO

i honestly think chinese should maybe start thinking along the lines 'maybe not so cheap'

'maybe a little more reliable'

the main point of this thread is to warn and just discuss the possibilities of getting 'stung' with a copy
when you set out to get the 'real husky saw'

huge amount of lads are filling the garages around ireland and the uk,paying as little as 150usd for a china copy

as i say i almost got burnt when i was buying my new saw,one popped up online for 500euros
brand new!!!

i rang him and he told me he imported them from canada :D i smelt a rat!

the price was a giveaway too,had he looked for 700+euros he might have had a better chance :laugh:
cause the 365sp retails @ over 700 almost 800euros to buy new!

so why would you go selling a brand new 'unused' one for 500euros....

it didn't add up like......

anyway even on his add i spotted a few tell tale signs which told me to avoid like the plague! :msp_smile:

Last edited:
Hello there, Im a certified small engine mechanic, and I see a lot crazy things about them saws, I own a stihl 311 a 670 champion jonsered, and a husky 51 and 52 and my favorite 372xp,
My question is I rebuilt my 372xp motor so many times, its time for a new motor, can I buy another 372xp in Sweden? Here in America, I love them husqvarnas better then a sthil

Iv but a lot of husky saw so far, the engines is OK, the carb isn't, so I order a walbro carb for every saw I buy, and I look at the the saws to see what saw is made where, the tags on the front well say Electrolux something like that, stay away from them saws, but the good ones has made in sweden

I tend to pay more for a Husqvarna 272 Xp or a husqvarna 372 xp that needs work that costs more than a newer farmertec Husqvarna clone.
Which is better a new farmertec saw or the orginal Husqvarna saw rebuilt with AM parts. My two Husqvarna 272xp’s are low on compression. They need rings. One is orginal no compression release the other is later has a cr. I’d like to add a cr to the first one.
I’d like to let my boys hammer a farmertec saw.

In my beginning I hammered a new 266se husky. She cut everything in sight. My sons are hammering two 570’s I picked up.

Latest posts

Back