Chinese chain saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chrome bore or chrome rings i'd say stick with their 25-1 they suggest, nic cylinder 32-1 since their questionable quality.
Im not hating on these but their reviews and videos showing so many quality issues and lack of customer service keep me from giving them any money never mind the fact it helps fund the chinese communist party that enslaves people.

Seems like they are holding up for the folks using them on chainsaw mills so who knows. People used to make similar comments about Jap cars. Now, I wouldn't waste money on a new car from the big 3 if the were selling them for $20 each. I'm certainly not comparing a Farmertec to a Lexus or even an Accord. I highly doubt anyone would ever be able to make that kind of comparison, but I also question whether Stihl and Husqvarna products are continuing to get better. My biggest complaint about the Chinese saws is that they are super heavy. I'd never recommend one as a primary logging, felling, or firewood saw, but for some applications they are, by far, the best bang for the buck.
Bang for the buck? So, you aren't concerned about supporting AMERICAN made products. You simply want to cut wood. Hire some local with a saw........at least your savings contributes to your own country. WOW....do you have a goat eating your lawn so you don't need a lawn mower?

Bang for the buck? So, you aren't concerned about supporting AMERICAN made products. You simply want to cut wood. Hire some local with a saw........at least your savings contributes to your own country. WOW....do you have a goat eating your lawn so you don't need a lawn mower?
If I really wanted to support jobs in Virginia Beach, I'd go down there on vacation. Then I would know that my money was going directly into the hands of their local economy.

As far as supporting American made products, absolutely not. I'm concerned about getting what I pay for. If I spend less, I assume I'm getting less than the best, but if I spend more, I expect to get proportionately more regardless of where the product was made. I've spent my entire adult life in the manufacturing sector. There are SOME good American companies out there who's products I'm happy to spend more money on because their product performs better and/or lasts longer. I'm not spending more just because it says Made in the USA. I'm not interested in donating my after tax dollars to support some lazy, drunk union factory worker so they can afford a lift kit for their brand new SUV, or line some executives pocket. The "Buy American" mentality has absolutely destroyed this countries manufacturing capabilities. Its made the corporate executives fat and happy, while making the workers unproductive and overpaid which, in turn, made it easy to outsource the majority of the production process to cheaper labor centers like Mexico, China, and India. If you really want to protect American jobs, only buy American products that are actually worth the money.

Nearly everything in walmart that isn't food is made in China. Same with your local hardware store. Same with all the electronics.
The compromise is that some lose jobs and are worse off, but we all get more "stuff" for fewer greenbacks.
Currently we are abusing the Chinese people with dollar dominance. They need dollars to buy things. Some of it comes back to the USA in the tech industry and aviation. This will not last forever. Check out book by Ray Dalio and "Petrodollar warfare" When the global financial system decides to operate in another currency we will have inflation that looks like Venezuela a few years ago.

Thats a perfect decoy; any Ryobi/Craftsman/Blue Max, etc...is a POS waiting to be fueled.....by a fooled woodsman. Homeowners who clip a lilac once a year should gravitate to a saw-zall. CHEAP chainsaws only further our re-cycling woes. BUY Stihl/Husqvarna, etc...., and always have a great, serviceable machine.

Leave to planned obsolescence garbage on the shelf.
Like Stihl and husqvarna ect they all have planned obsolescence built into them especially if you go by what the dealers saw for mix ect. I think the Chinese will be selling parts for gas saws long after the big companies stop.

I doubt that consumers buying products from China or Japan is something that will harm the U.S. Economy as the U.S. government sells itself to them. FACTS are these two countries own a pretty good piece of the U.S. in and of itself. The old thinking that buying foreign products put Americans out of work when it does the opposite as American factories use parts and or ingredients from numerous foreign suppliers including China and Japan. I agree that there may be quality differences but trying to make the claim that union workers are lazy drunks is pretty lame as well especially knowing that nonunion goods and services are just about the same cost without any guarantee of quality either. TRUTH, is they base their prices upon those goods and services from union made products and the products from China are NONUNION made. So one is taking the risk of quality. While talking quality within the automotive industry one MUST also consider the origins of the parts as AMERICAN MADE may very well merely be American assembled and THAT has nothing to do with the quality of the parts the product is assembled with. Here are some FACTS about what China and Japan actually own of the U.S. What this means is that China owns a BIG portion of the U.S. debt which is much more alarming to me than buying one of their chainsaws and knowing that a lot of other replacement parts may actually be made from ingredients from China, Japan, India etc.

The United States owes China approximately $980.8 billion as of May 2022.

The top two foreign holders of U.S. debt are Japan and China

Japan commands the top spot among foreign creditors with $1.2 trillion—4% of total U.S. debt—owed by the U.S. government. China holds the number two position, holding $980.8 billion of U.S. Treasurys—3.2% of the total U.S. debt.

The Farmertec cylinders at least is pretty coarsely honed which is why you would want a richer oil mix, but after the first season its getting run in, so if you use 25/1 you could perhaps reduce it next year a little.

Back