Chinese saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People generally expect a working product, and to make anything less and sell it as such
is just taking a hand at people.
I can agree with that, there are a lot of cheap crappy products from China and other places so people should do a little research on any product they buy.

We would all like aftermarket saws that have good design easy parts availability and are inexpensive,
but there is no such thing. Copy cats are not to be considered as they are taking advantage of the hard work of others,
they are frauds, damaging our economy in multiple ways.
If the innovators choose to discontinue & replace their proven products with those that are less reliable/serviceable then I for one will definitely consider the "copy cats"

If the innovators choose to discontinue & replace their proven products with those that are less reliable/serviceable then I for one will definitely consider the "copy cats"
Well so far they are keeping up, Husky even made a new non Autotune, the 585, so no need to go
to china for a copy cat, well unless you want to support china.

Well so far they are keeping up, Husky even made a new non Autotune, the 585, so no need to go
to china for a copy cat, well unless you want to support china.
I heard that... I'm yet to see it confirmed, but if it is the case I see it as being a good move on their part.
How good would it be if the parts were interchangeable with the new 592 :D

i think we are ripping them off personally, we cant even MAKE the stuff at their price, let alone ship it across the globe and make a profit too
it will soon come to an end when they have to pay the future carbon taxes, and when they end their government shipping subsidies
there will be no more $10 carbs and $30 p+c,s in a year or 2, and my homeowner customers will just bin their ethanol clogged and straight-gassed tools, because they certainly wont pay for oem stuff

That would be good. Am wondering how the 585 can be heavier than the 592,
I am guessing there are no stuffers in the 585, that should cut weight,
am guessing they did not use aluminium to build the case, so no weight gain there,
so where.
Less cc 's ? maybe they use the same cylinder and its thicker because of a smaller bore,
maybe they use a different cylinder with different port layout, I guess we will know in time.

i think we are ripping them off personally, we cant even MAKE the stuff at their price, let alone ship it across the globe and make a profit too
it will soon come to an end when they have to pay the future carbon taxes, and when they end their government shipping subsidies
there will be no more $10 carbs and $30 p+c,s in a year or 2, and my homeowner customers will just bin their ethanol clogged and straight-gassed tools, because they certainly wont pay for oem stuff
Sound very possible, but then the customers that buy junk will buy the more expensive longer lasting saws, or do without,
my guess is they will buy the more expensive product, that is not ripping them off because it will actually work, last longer
and be better for the environment, and keep money in our own economies.

I heard that... I'm yet to see it confirmed, but if it is the case I see it as being a good move on their part.
How good would it be if the parts were interchangeable with the new 592 :D
Be nice to a new non Autotune 50cc pro saw from them, even a flywheel and coil and carb
change out for the current 550 would be a start, not aftermarket but from the factory.
I think there is too much going into new saws instead of using the older ones that worked
and getting them to run as clean as possible.
I mean, the 346 was a great chassis to work from, instead they stopped making it, why,
so was the Jonsered 2153, which was Husky based, and its gone too, and for what, their
replacements were a step backwards in reliability.

Sound very possible, but then the customers that buy junk will buy the more expensive longer lasting saws, or do without,
my guess is they will buy the more expensive product, that is not ripping them off because it will actually work.
i,ve had 2 separate contractors complain lately about honda and stihl warranties, they had claims thrown out after 5 month of use, the smokey honda mower was returned in a big box of bits, and the stihl mower gearbox claim was refused because garden contractor users only get a 3 month warranty
standards seemed to have slipped a bit, but i agree with what you say tho

i,ve had 2 separate contractors complain lately about honda and stihl warranties, they had claims thrown out after 5 month of use, the smokey honda mower was returned in a big box of bits, and the stihl mower gearbox claim was refused because garden contractor users only get a 3 month warranty
standards seemed to have slipped a bit, but i agree with what you say tho
Warranty claims are very difficult these days, right across the board, with saws it always concluded that
you put the wrong fuel mix or type of fuel in them, that's the go to excuse here, only people who are willing
to take the matter before the courts get a better experience, sad times when you have to go to court to get
the warranty you paid for, and in most cases people don't want the hassle so give in to the you used the wrong
fuel line they are spinned.
But I can tell you its much more difficult dealing with the Chinese, in their own jurisdiction, unless you know someone
in your country's Chinese embassy, and who is going to play that card for the sake of a chainsaw or the like that went
belly up, the big importers might but its not available to the masses who get ripped off by non responsive sellers on a daily basis.

Warranty is the reason I avoid the big brands now, spend a hundred or two less on a similar item
by the likes of Oleo-Mac and if something goes wrong I can still budget to fix it out of my own pocket,
I bet Stihl and Husky have not considered this as a reason why a certain percentage of potential customers
look else where. And the icing on the cake, I can fix the Oleo-Mac or Makita or Echo myself.

I sent the CNC machines(made for the us Army) to companies that had government contracts. Or to a government base. The machines for making M1a Abrams tank parts went to Chrysler. We’re in good shape.

Warranty is the reason I avoid the big brands now, spend a hundred or two less on a similar item
by the likes of Oleo-Mac and if something goes wrong I can still budget to fix it out of my own pocket,
I bet Stihl and Husky have not considered this as a reason why a certain percentage of potential customers
look else where. And the icing on the cake, I can fix the Oleo-Mac or Makita or Echo myself.
Look at the mess John Deere made. They were always bastards about proprietary parts with inflated prices. Now they lock out the ecm software on the tractors. Farmers have called BS on that and they are scooping up machines from the 70s - 80s rebuilding them and putting them back in the field.

Look at the mess John Deere made. They were always bastards about proprietary parts with inflated prices. Now they lock out the ecm software on the tractors. Farmers have called BS on that and they are scooping up machines from the 70s - 80s rebuilding them and putting them back in the field.
I live in farm country. See wheat and corn fields from my front porch, have heard combines the last week from my bedroom window. I can count on zero fingers the number of new John Deeres I see around. Case/IH, Cat/Challenger sure, even Klaas for harvesters and combines. Not a single John Deere.

J-D told farmers that they don't actually own the equipment, so the farmers said fine, we won't.

I live in farm country. See wheat and corn fields from my front porch, have heard combines the last week from my bedroom window. I can count on zero fingers the number of new John Deeres I see around. Case/IH, Cat/Challenger sure, even Klaas for harvesters and combines. Not a single John Deere.

J-D told farmers that they don't actually own the equipment, so the farmers said fine, we won't.
The small farms in my town and around me are all running older case, IH, old JD. At school we have a 2001 JD loader, 3000 hrs not a single issue. Have a new Bob cat tool cat and JD loader and nothing but problems. The bobcat is very disappointing. Broke the main drive bet 5 times (when that lets go your fixing it where it stops and it’s a pain) rear steer ram lost bolts, poor engineering with hydro lines…Same with the trucks. I know 5 outfits that are strictly running RDM Mack’s 30 years and older.

That's what I mean, it shoudn't be allowed, and unless its stopped others will follow, and the tractory you buy will be coming with
a user license like microshit and applecrap.

The small farms in my town and around me are all running older case, IH, old JD. At school we have a 2001 JD loader, 3000 hrs not a single issue. Have a new Bob cat tool cat and JD loader and nothing but problems. The bobcat is very disappointing. Broke the main drive bet 5 times (when that lets go your fixing it where it stops and it’s a pain) rear steer ram lost bolts, poor engineering with hydro lines…Same with the trucks. I know 5 outfits that are strictly running RDM Mack’s 30 years and older.
Here in Commiefornia a OP can not run any older diesel engines. If you do it can only be on a limited basis. They are suggesting go find some electric powered system, NOT. Thanks

Its the same here, people tortured with electronic issues in lorries tractors diggers you name it, the smart ones are
mad to get the old style of machines that worked without issues, but the dealers are sending them out foreign,
or breaking them up, paying more than they are worth to get them out of circulation, it a complete racket, the younger
generation can't see it, they are blinded by the date on the numberplate and the bling bullsh** they fall for.

Latest posts

Back