Chinese saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The current model is use the tractor for 5 years and throw it away, if you don't you will be plagued with trouble
that will cost the price of a tractor to fix, the banks love this, more borrowing, more defaulting and more property
being bought up by vultures, its plain to see, but people just keep on ignoring.
The farmers are only working for the banks, less a few that won't bite into the borrowing circle.

Here in Commiefornia a OP can not run any older diesel engines. If you do it can only be on a limited basis. They are suggesting go find some electric powered system, NOT. Thanks
We’re taught that Diesel engines really don’t pollute that much in school even blowing black smoke must have been a smoke screen lol.

Kind of a big rotating pile of garbage, the " before and after" these junk products doesn't seem to be addressed if we look at the overall picture. Recycling only goes so far what happens to the parts and junk parts that are unrecyclable at this point and time and how much damage to the environment does it cost to recycle the leftovers, and parts that are not being recycled.

Decades ago on CNC machines I built only 2 axis controls were allowed out of our country. The 6 axis higher output controls didn’t leave the country.
Who even makes a cnc in the US? One that could compete with fanuc, siemens etc?

Reading this makes me want to also bring up the failure of American manufacturing not mentioned. Greed/laziness by workers here. Unions got too strong and workers demanded too much for too little work. Forcing companies to turn elsewhere for business. Unfortunately it’s easy to just point the finger at China, but at least part of the blame remains here.
Is evidenced now buy the fact that many businesses in our country are suffering because people just refuse to go to work. I must drive by 30 help wanted signs a day on my commute, yet I have a number of friends just kicking rocks about how covid, or some other event, caused them to lose their job (but they won’t go work at these 30 jobs bc they think they’re overqualified or something) and just remain unemployed. Maybe late night ramblings…
Don't overlook the role of the US govt with the alphabet soup of agencies writing the rules.

The CNC machines are perfect who can’t think, just feed the parts and hit the go button.

We built 25 lathes for caterpillar tractor. All automated loader and unloaders no human on the floor train tracks connect the machines.
What company were you with?

Bullard machine tool company (vertical turret lathes)
Farrel machine company, special machines, calenders paper mills, grinders for paper mill rolls.
Condiesel 155 mm howitzers us army.

Bullard machine tool company (vertical turret lathes)
Farrel machine company, special machines, calenders paper mills, grinders for paper mill rolls.
Condiesel 155 mm howitzers us army.
Is Bullard still in business in the USA? I've done a few retrofits in the past and some service work but that was a while back. I've never run across one less than about 30 years old, which doesn't mean a lot. Excellent machines though. I was just curious because almost no one knows what a CNC is.

Computer control. Vs manual control I built both. I was responsible for building over one million dollar machines. Bullard was drove into the ground by white consolidated they couldn’t touch the union run pension. I built machines for the m1 abrams tank.

Computer control. Vs manual control I built both. I was responsible for building over one million dollar machines. Bullard was drove into the ground by white consolidated they couldn’t touch the union run pension. I built machines for the m1 abrams tank.
Lima Ohio.....spent 2 years in that plant.....never once would they let me drive one.

I just could not buy a saw and have to take it apart to see if it was built to a decent standard.
I would gladly do without until I could afford a saw that kept a local in business.
That is the problem the folks that buy this crap buy with their purse and they are moralless.

I’m wondering how long a Chinese saw will last.
Good question. I have a 72SX thing here which I got for absolute peanuts. Had only run it once (before yesterday) and that was just to see whether it would fire and drive the chain round the bar.
Well yesterday I got to wondering what was inside the things so I pulled it down.
I was pleased to find way fewer weirdnesses than I had expected, but I did find a couple. lolol

*The first was that the '72' in the model name has nothing to do with the capacity. Measured the bore and stroke and calculated that it's actually 58cc.
*Wiring routing to the kill switch was a bit silly and would have caused trouble later down the road. Re-routed.
*Base gasket was sealing but just wasn't quite right (bad assembly). Cut a new one.
*Stud holding the air-filter down had been bodged. The stud had been inserted on a silly angle to allow more clearance between the air-filter and sparker. The silly angle did allow better clearance but caused the air-filter to have poor seal. Drilled, helicoiled and remounted correctly. Deformed the corrugated paper filter slightly to allow clearance.

The last weirdness - that filter stud - would have lead to an amount of unfiltered air to enter system. Very, very, very silly.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that everything else seermed well fitted, quite well designed, well machined and well assembled. No bolts were stripped or cross-threaded (apart from that aforementioned stud) and were correct lengths. Carb linkages were properly adjusted as was the igniter air gap. Apart from that base gasket the others were all OK and look to seal well.

The thing had, literally, lots of rough edges on the plastic covers which I sanded off. Compression is good (twin rings), crank seals feel good (though I didn't pressure test them) and it starts as easily as any Husky.

My recommendation to anyone buying one of these things is to pull it down and have a good look to make sure all is as it should be.

Added later, after beer; But the ultimate silliness of this thing is that it came with a 22" .325 bar and chain!!! On a 58cc machine? Have since ordered an 18" 3/8 bar and chains and rim sprockets.

Here in Commiefornia a OP can not run any older diesel engines. If you do it can only be on a limited basis. They are suggesting go find some electric powered system, NOT. Thanks
I wonder how many emissions are formed in the manufacture and use of electric vehicles, hint: it's not zero...

I’m wondering how long a Chinese saw will last.
Figure like other Chinese products. I still say they may work out for occasional use. I need a 42" bar about twice/year in this state. So I may do Chinese. Sure you can cut from both sides with a smaller bar but it doesn't take much wood to resist falling.

But bend over because they will f'k you so hard you will decide it isn't worth it. Until you gander at that $2000 price tag again.

Latest posts

Back