Chinese saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have considered a clone one time, but its time to shut the door
and support our own, way too much money is going into the hands of
these copy cats, wasting resources, stealing jobs and causing instability.

Now I conscientiously avoid their products, if we don't, we are cutting our own throats.

I took a hit in ‘83, ‘84, ‘85 I lost my job due to cheaper imports. It’s our fair trade system. It’s biting us job wise more today. It pizz’d me off then and still today. Even Harley’s aren’t 100% American made. I want the best quality product for my hard earned dollar I don’t care where it comes from. You watch your imported TVs. Your imported appliances. .dont tell me your buying all American made stuff that’s bs.

Most of it is our industry is manufacturing overseas because of the strict environmental laws here, they have no laws there in other countries. Plus cheaper operating costs and cheap labor.

I took a hit in ‘83, ‘84, ‘85 I lost my job due to cheaper imports. It’s our fair trade system. It’s biting us job wise more today. It pizz’d me off then and still today. Even Harley’s aren’t 100% American made. I want the best quality product for my hard earned dollar I don’t care where it comes from. You watch your imported TVs. Your imported appliances. .dont tell me your buying all American made stuff that’s bs.

Most of it is our industry is manufacturing overseas because of the strict environmental laws here, they have no laws there in other countries. Plus cheaper operating costs and cheap labor..
True, the manufacturers jumped ship, we had to follow or do without, lack of options forced us to,
but with Stihl in Germany, I.N.E in Italy, Cebora in Italy, I can get tools made in the EU.
I am disgruntled that manufacturers chased the dollar all the way to China, to increase profits,
in a world that is awake, profits would be only one variable instead of the main one.

I will still try to avoid the China purchases, and am sure after this pandemic manufacturers are re-thinking
their position, depending on people and resources that they only thought they had control over must be
addressed if our economies are not to suffer like they are.

Some manufacturers beat the import tax by shipping parts here to assemble there products here. Stihl is one of them. Subaru is another one.

Funny the Chinese doctors who ride bicycles cure throat cancer. Sometimes I wonder who’s backwards. Yet I built five machines for China one was 200,000lbs they had no way to move them off the docks.

Some manufacturers beat the import tax by shipping parts here to assemble there products here. Stihl is one of them. Subaru is another one.
The trouble is, its all about the money, always was and always will be, and on that note
nothing will ever be what it could be, the obsession over money will ensure we never see
the world as it was meant to be seen, nor will we enjoy it as we were meant to, difficult to
understand, even more difficult to change, our ways are not those of a successful society,
a greedy one yes, and all the twisting that entails to keep on top of the pile. No wonder the
Lord has an expiration date on this place, we brought it on ourselves.

The greedy rich bastards did this to us. This isn’t how life was suppose to be. Tesla knew the way to harness free power from the earths magnetism he was working with the aliens but the powers to be said how can we charge money then. They shut Tesla down. Even new technology for higher gas mileage for cars years ago was bought up the rights to manufacture it and squashed. A company here had a new type of motar they built a wall with cinder blocks and they couldn’t break the wall apart with a bull dozer and that was bought up and squashed. We are sitting ducks along for the ride. No new technology is being developed to help us and our planet. It’s all about big profits. It’s too late to change the so we’re looking for volunteers to go to planet Mercury to start life there. I believe we’re already there. There’s a secret space force not sure what it includes.

Funny the Chinese doctors who ride bicycles cure throat cancer. Sometimes I wonder who’s backwards. Yet I built five machines for China one was 200,000lbs they had no way to move them off the docks.
They need a Sixth machine now, one that can lift 200,000 lbs

The greedy rich bastards did this to us. This isn’t how life was suppose to be. Tesla knew the way to harness free power from the earths magnetism he was working with the aliens but the powers to be said how can we charge money then. They shut Tesla down. Even new technology for higher gas mileage for cars years ago was bought up the rights to manufacture it and squashed. A company here had a new type of motar they built a wall with cinder blocks and they couldn’t break the wall apart with a bull dozer and that was bought up and squashed. We are sitting ducks along for the ride. No new technology is being developed to help us and our planet. It’s all about big profits. It’s too late to change the so we’re looking for volunteers to go to planet Mercury to start life there. I believe we’re already there. There’s a secret space force not sure what it includes.
For sure, if it can’t be charged for it will be buried, regardless of how much good it could be.
Were only being fed new ideas and products that benefit the wealthy, most of which are of zero value
to us as a civilisation, yet the sheeple keep on buying into it all.

I bought one of those saws when they had them marked down to $324. When I pulled the top end, I found that the ports needed a little work but the plating and casting looked good. I'm going to put it on a mill and see how long it last.

Attachments

• unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 37
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 36
  • unnamed (12).jpg
    unnamed (12).jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 37
  • unnamed (11).jpg
    unnamed (11).jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 37
  • unnamed (10).jpg
    unnamed (10).jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 37
  • unnamed (9).jpg
    unnamed (9).jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 37
As much as I hate to admit it, the USA would have a very difficult time kicking Chinese @$$ in a war. China owns most of the production of REE (rare earth elements) and the downstream high-tech industry that needs REE to function. Add to that the Chinese mining industry that produces much of the scarce elements that modern society (and the military) requires. China does a great job at stealing the technology developed by others and then copying it. As a civilization, they've been around for a loooooooong time, and they can be damn ruthless when they want. It doesn't pay to underestimate the Chi-Coms.

JQ

Reading this makes me want to also bring up the failure of American manufacturing not mentioned. Greed/laziness by workers here. Unions got too strong and workers demanded too much for too little work. Forcing companies to turn elsewhere for business. Unfortunately it’s easy to just point the finger at China, but at least part of the blame remains here.
Is evidenced now buy the fact that many businesses in our country are suffering because people just refuse to go to work. I must drive by 30 help wanted signs a day on my commute, yet I have a number of friends just kicking rocks about how covid, or some other event, caused them to lose their job (but they won’t go work at these 30 jobs bc they think they’re overqualified or something) and just remain unemployed. Maybe late night ramblings…

Latest posts

Back