Christmas lights that don't fall apart

OM617YOTA

OM617YOTA

Addicted to ArboristSite
Every year, we spend $30-40 on Christmas lights. Every year when we take them down, they're garbage and we don't even bother saving them. I'm not spending hours fixing $40 worth of Christmas lights, like any good consumerist I just throw them away and buy more.

We're into this thing for $100+, and still have no functional Christmas lights to show for it. Anyone have any insights on high quality reusable lights? If I'd spent $100+ a few years ago on quality lights, and still had functional lights now, I'd be money ahead. Need to be able to handle the full force of the weather, they're being mounted on a fence, not under the eaves.

This year I might get a tube of dielectric grease, pull the "bulbs" out and fill the socket with grease them before putting the bulbs back in. Main failure point seems to be contacts corroding and rusting.

MacAttack

MacAttack

I love the smell of 2-stroke
Easy / lazy way out is to use one of those laser projectors that projects the color show onto your house. We did that a couple years when we had no time to put up lights.
Beyond that, I haven't found lights that aren't disposable junk. The OLD ones from decades ago that took the big honking screw-in bulbs were the only ones that ever lasted, haha.

Latest posts