Climbing spurs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see this about "Caddy Pads" everywhere but I cannot look up those words and find anything except in the sewing industry. Interestingly, it almost makes sense the pads they're referring to in the sewing world, but then again...that can't be what you're referring to is it? What is a "caddy pad"?
The Caddy Pads are manufactured by Opsal and you can usually pick up a pair from Wesspur for around 100$. I use the small ones and they are noisy but comfort able all day long. I wrap the shank in electrical tape to cut down on the noise and movement.

The Caddy Pads are manufactured by Opsal and you can usually pick up a pair from Wesspur for around 100$. I use the small ones and they are noisy but comfort able all day long. I wrap the shank in electrical tape to cut down on the noise and movement.
Good to know. Thank you!

So I’m in the market for new spurs. I’m still rather new to climbing. I use a set of Kline pole spurs with T pads now. I have narrowed my search to either buckingham steel with the cast aluminum pads,
Climb right aluminum with ultralight pads or
The gecko steel climbers??
I don't know if "they" make them anymore but during my 40 years-Mallory Pads, Buck "Spurs."

So I’m in the market for new spurs. I’m still rather new to climbing. I use a set of Kline pole spurs with T pads now. I have narrowed my search to either buckingham steel with the cast aluminum pads,
Climb right aluminum with ultralight pads or
The gecko steel climbers??
Gecko steel are super comfortable my heel slides out of most spikes but the gecko holds my boot very snug.

Latest posts

Back