Clogger Chainsaw Chaps Evaluation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did do that. The problem was the straps around the ankle/calve area where stick magnets. It's not so much the excess straps catching, it's a matter of sticks getting between the chap and strap.
These where Labonville chaps btw.

Yep, was my finding as well- with very early Clogger chaps with half a dozens webbing straps and clips per leg- walking through slash was a nightmare.
But, things have come a LONG way in design options now.

100.00$ will buy excellent wrap chaps.

Those cloggers look seriously overpriced to me. For my use, I wouldn't even consider them.

All products from australia and new zealand are expensive due to exchange rates and such.

Part of the cloggers high price is simply that.

I only have two pairs of chaps. Stihls and Foresters. I prefer the foresters. And they are less expensive. Go figure. They are both zipper bottom calf protection style. I don't want straps that low to the ground.

I wouldn't even consider the apron style ones.

Oh, and in my opinion and for my use, chaps are both cooler and more convenient.
Now you know how we feel with products made in the good ole US of A.

am i buying/spending way more chaps than i need ? maybe so . but here's the deal with me ....... i am TERRIBLE about buyers remorse ! sooooo many times in my life i have cheaped out or spent just enough to get what i think i need/want and very soon after or several months down the road i realize i should have gotten something different or better which was almost always more expensive . this was particularly true with tools , i did construction for a few decades and it took a few years for me to learn that FOR ME i'm better off biting the money bullet and getting something quality AND with more power/ability/options that i think i'll need or want otherwise i'll be wasting money every year or so buying another tool/item ..... which in the long run cost more that the GOOD tool/item i really wanted . i can't always do that , but i felt since our home depends on me having good tools to get firewood to heat our home i made the investment of the 400c and CL 25 ton splitter . i probably won't be cutting more than a hour or two because i simply don't have the endurance i use to . i'm probably the minority here since this forum seems geared more towards pros but NOBODY has made me feel unwelcome here and i do appreciate that . i am definitely ordering clogger chaps tomorrow . i'm %90 onboard with the zero wraps ..... but %10 of me wonder if the defenderpros offer more protection than the zero , even though clogger says they offer the same protection . maybe since my initial investigating of chaps only led me to stiff bulky cumbersome chaps i have kinda been indoctrinated into thinking they have to be that way and its causing a small part of me to second guess the zeros . it is a bit weird depending on strangers on the interwebs to help insure my personal safety , but i figure pros will know better than any one , so here i am ......

sorry for the length of this . just want to clarify my situation and once again thank everyone for their replies , jeff

I have a pair of Stihl and a pair of Jonsered chaps. One is a tad thicker than the other. Buckle around the waist and two buckles on each leg. Easy on, easy off. Less time than it takes to type this.

am i buying/spending way more chaps than i need ? maybe so . but here's the deal with me ....... i am TERRIBLE about buyers remorse ! sooooo many times in my life i have cheaped out or spent just enough to get what i think i need/want and very soon after or several months down the road i realize i should have gotten something different or better which was almost always more expensive . this was particularly true with tools , i did construction for a few decades and it took a few years for me to learn that FOR ME i'm better off biting the money bullet and getting something quality AND with more power/ability/options that i think i'll need or want otherwise i'll be wasting money every year or so buying another tool/item ..... which in the long run cost more that the GOOD tool/item i really wanted . i can't always do that , but i felt since our home depends on me having good tools to get firewood to heat our home i made the investment of the 400c and CL 25 ton splitter . i probably won't be cutting more than a hour or two because i simply don't have the endurance i use to . i'm probably the minority here since this forum seems geared more towards pros but NOBODY has made me feel unwelcome here and i do appreciate that . i am definitely ordering clogger chaps tomorrow . i'm %90 onboard with the zero wraps ..... but %10 of me wonder if the defenderpros offer more protection than the zero , even though clogger says they offer the same protection . maybe since my initial investigating of chaps only led me to stiff bulky cumbersome chaps i have kinda been indoctrinated into thinking they have to be that way and its causing a small part of me to second guess the zeros . it is a bit weird depending on strangers on the interwebs to help insure my personal safety , but i figure pros will know better than any one , so here i am ......

sorry for the length of this . just want to clarify my situation and once again thank everyone for their replies , jeff
Cloggers are great (at least my pants are.) I hate buyers remorse. Several times I've "cheaper out" and regretted it later, pretty much stopped doing that years ago. Get whatever you think is the best. Good ppe is like a holster, gotta find the right one that fits and functions right.

Unless you've used cloggers your opinion is invalid.
They are priced according to import/exchange rate , perhaps even tariff? costs. Products that are imported from Australia and New Zealand have those costs attached, which exact a premium.

That comment is not invalid.

I said a couple of times "for me". That was for the folks who don't realize that quality, rated, calf coverage chaps can be had for 100.00.

I have skinny legs (strong like ostrich tho, lol), so chaps fit loosely on me and are cooler than pants. Perhaps the clogger vented pants are cooler than loosish chaps over jeans. Probably are. In my climate that doesn't matter. And I am not a "sweater".

They are priced according to import/exchange rate , perhaps even tariff? costs. Products that are imported from Australia and New Zealand have those costs attached, which exact a premium.

That comment is not invalid.

I said a couple of times "for me". That was for the folks who don't realize that quality, rated, calf coverage chaps can be had for 100.00.

I have skinny legs (strong like ostrich tho, lol), so chaps fit loosely on me and are cooler than pants. Perhaps the clogger vented pants are cooler than loosish chaps over jeans. Probably are. In my climate that doesn't matter. And I am not a "sweater".
You specifically said "chaps are cooler amd more convenient." How on earth can you make that opinion, when you've clearly never had a pair of cloggers? Ie, your opinion is invalid. I don't care about the other cheaper options or the exchange rate. That's not what was in question.

anyone have a problem with using their card at clogger ? cloggers auto response thingy said it may be because this banks card may not play nice with clogger because they're in NZ ...... i have a different bank card i'll try friday , but i was wondering if anyone else had this issue . BTW i am on their USA site .

anyone have a problem with using their card at clogger ? cloggers auto response thingy said it may be because this banks card may not play nice with clogger because they're in NZ ...... i have a different bank card i'll try friday , but i was wondering if anyone else had this issue . BTW i am on their USA site .

American Express does not work well- most anywhere in the World, not just NZ.
But all major cards should work on their sites.

thanks for the quick reply Bob
it's a bank card with visa logo and there's a few grand in the account .
i'll try mine friday and hopefully it will work .
if not i guess i'll have to choose something else :(

thanks for the quick reply Bob
it's a bank card with visa logo and there's a few grand in the account .
i'll try mine friday and hopefully it will work .
if not i guess i'll have to choose something else :(

You are not ticking CREDIT card when in fact it is a DEBIT card? Or visa versa- that can confuse online payment options.

Sherrill tree Greensboro NC $180

free shipping

justforyou20 20% off coupon code $144.60 because I am cheap.
dude you are my favorite person today !!!
they are $204.99 , your %20 code knocked them down to $172.68 with free shipping and $8.69 tax .
so you not only saved me from buying bulky/hot chaps but you saved me $ :)
thank you very very much iffykid !!!

dude you are my favorite person today !!!
they are $204.99 , your %20 code knocked them down to $172.68 with free shipping and $8.69 tax .
so you not only saved me from buying bulky/hot chaps but you saved me $ :)
thank you very very much iffykid !!!
Glad it worked you must have went with the full calf wrap chap? I only looked at Zero chaps and did not notice full or regular priced at $180.

Latest posts

Back