Clutch drum fit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtoolsnewproblems

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My Husqvarna 266 seems to be engaging a little early, so I was going to swap in this new clutch that appeared on my shelf, but it doesn't seem to fit right. The bearing is very sloppy and possibly a mm too wide, stopping it from snugging down.
Getting the old drum off was a bear, I'd assumed there was a burr but I felt nothing and the new one slipped on top easily.
Putting the old one back on, it is still very hard to install. Is this normal? Should the bearing be an inference fit? I just don't know what correct is

My Husqvarna 266 seems to be engaging a little early, so I was going to swap in this new clutch that appeared on my shelf, but it doesn't seem to fit right. The bearing is very sloppy and possibly a mm too wide, stopping it from snugging down.
Getting the old drum off was a bear, I'd assumed there was a burr but I felt nothing and the new one slipped on top easily.
Putting the old one back on, it is still very hard to install. Is this normal? Should the bearing be an inference fit? I just don't know what correct is
If it’s a 266 and is engaging early, you’ll need a new clutch spring, not a new clutch drum. As for the not fitting, the old coarse thread clutches use a different drum kit than the later 61/272’s use, so you may be trying to put a later kit on an earlier saw.

Back