Cold or Covid?

wood4heat

wood4heat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Feeling kinda like crap tonight. Congested, runny nose, fatigued, upset stomach. Is this real or imagined? I am a firefighter and work in the hospital. I don’t know if I’m just a little hyper aware of how I feel exaggerating the symptoms of a common cold, or if it’s more than that. Any other year I would brush it off but I don’t want to put my family at risk. Spending the night in our toy hauler tonight. It’s plenty comfortable just feels oddly distant not sleeping under the same roof as my family. The thought of bringing something home to them has always been in the back of my mind but I’ve taken simple precautions. Now I don’t know if I’m being paranoid or prudent. Feels lonely out here looking back at the house but I’ve got The Mandalorian on and a comfortable chair. I am fortunate to have this trailer to take refuge in and a few friends on AS to keep me company. Cheers mates!:cheers:

wood4heat

wood4heat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Firefighter? Work in the hospital? You know the indicators and you know the protocols. You didn’t mention an elevated temp.
Best of luck.
An elevated temperature is A symptom but it’s not THE symptom. Not everyone had an elevated temp, at least not as an early symptom. So far I’ve had 6 coworkers get Covid and most of them started with a sore throat or congestion. Funny thing is I worked closely with 3 of them in the days before they developed symptoms and I’ve been ok as everyone else in our lab has. We wear masks at work but spend 8-10 hours a day together. I still don’t think there is good understanding of how this spreads. Of those 3 not everyone else n their households contracted it. I have 3 coworkers out with it right now.

wood4heat

wood4heat

Addicted to ArboristSite
Would you have wanted me to list the gamut of indicators, or will you allow me that simple observation?

Not all are similarly susceptible, and it appears that all are not similarly affected. Kudos for your protective instincts and again, good luck.
Sorry if I miss read you. I didn’t mean to offend.
Just an observation of mine but everyone I know that has contracted this has at some point lost their sense of taste and smell. Usually a few days after the onset of their first symptoms. Weird as it is that has been the defining symptom for me. So far I can still smell.

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
An elevated temperature is A symptom but it’s not THE symptom. Not everyone had an elevated temp, at least not as an early symptom. So far I’ve had 6 coworkers get Covid and most of them started with a sore throat or congestion. Funny thing is I worked closely with 3 of them in the days before they developed symptoms and I’ve been ok as everyone else in our lab has. We wear masks at work but spend 8-10 hours a day together. I still don’t think there is good understanding of how this spreads. Of those 3 not everyone else n their households contracted it. I have 3 coworkers out with it right now.

If that's the case, I've had the corona off and on for the last ~year.

They've told me "no fever, no corona"

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've heard of cases both ways. One person gets it, everybody gets it. Or, one person gets it and nobody else does or it's symptomless in everybody else. Common sense stuff as with every other virus, wash your hands, keep things cleaned up, cover your cough. By the time you show symptoms you've been contagious for several days so most of it needs to be pre-emptive.

Bwildered

Bwildered

Tree Freak
Feeling kinda like crap tonight. Congested, runny nose, fatigued, upset stomach. Is this real or imagined? I am a firefighter and work in the hospital. I don’t know if I’m just a little hyper aware of how I feel exaggerating the symptoms of a common cold, or if it’s more than that. Any other year I would brush it off but I don’t want to put my family at risk. Spending the night in our toy hauler tonight. It’s plenty comfortable just feels oddly distant not sleeping under the same roof as my family. The thought of bringing something home to them has always been in the back of my mind but I’ve taken simple precautions. Now I don’t know if I’m being paranoid or prudent. Feels lonely out here looking back at the house but I’ve got The Mandalorian on and a comfortable chair. I am fortunate to have this trailer to take refuge in and a few friends on AS to keep me company. Cheers mates!:cheers:
Go and get tested. You can't go back to work untill you do.

stihl sawing

stihl sawing

MAD DOG
I had that crap for a month, i had none of the symptoms you listed, mine was severe headache and high fever and horrible taste and smell and severe muscle and joint pain. was the sickest i ever been. go get tested and find out for sure.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
Raise your Nitric oxide levels.

It will help.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

wood4heat

wood4heat

Addicted to ArboristSite
I thought the first post was satire. Or at least it read like that.
It was late, I was alone out in the trailer. May have started the evening with a nice repesado, before my stomach got upset. Probably not the best time to start a thread but I was bored. Could have just posted in The Who’s drinking with me thread but I didn’t finish the reposado. Ice water started to sound better.

wood4heat

wood4heat

Addicted to ArboristSite
I had that crap for a month, i had none of the symptoms you listed, mine was severe headache and high fever and horrible taste and smell and severe muscle and joint pain. was the sickest i ever been. go get tested and find out for sure.
Our first coworker to come down with it started with a really bad headache. She also talked about how fatigued she was. She could take a shower and would be wiped out.
Glad you got through it!

benjo75

benjo75

ArboristSite Operative
A good friend's wife and daughter had it a few weeks ago. Both tested positive. Wife was like a bad cold for about a week. Daughter wasn't bad at all. He stayed home with them and slept in the same bed as his wife the entire time. He tested negative and never got sick. Older couple I know had it. Almost 80. They barely knew they were sick.

stihl023/5

stihl023/5

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have congestion and some other listed issues on a daily basis.
But those issues have been with me longer than covid has been around.

U&A

Addicted to ArboristSite
I wasn't aware of that one. Ingested or inhaled or either way?

No need to inhale anything

That can be dangerous

Just do supplements. Natural is better. It will help with ANY time you are sick but appertaining it is very helpful with covid. I go to a naturopath doctor. Ya know. A doctor that actually try’s to heal you instead of treat the symptoms like our messed up health system doses....sorry....little rant[emoji23]....

She has done some amazing things.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]