Collecting chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Are you a chainsaw collector? Or a hoarder?
What brand do you collect? Do you collect all brands?

I mainly collect older non at, Husqvarna (swedish), but I’m spreading out to other brands like Stihl, poulan, Montgomery Wards, castor Bender (Italian), partner (Swedish) , jonsered ( swedish), I haven’t found a saw I didn’t like yet.

Ok. I’ll bite
During the quarantine I bought a non running poulan 2150. I spent way to much money to get it running but after that I was hooked. I bought, hoarded, everything. Some I could make run and others ended up at the recycler.
It seems I’ve settled on collecting and using macs and homelites mostly. For macs I’ve got a super pro 80 with about ten others down to an old 2-10 auto. For homelites I’ve got a little top handle saw, SEZs, ca50, a 72 SXL and a 360. I’ve got one 3.7 craftsman and a few of those little Poulan that my sons and I ported and rebuilt.

I heard some call it an addiction but I think finding them and making them run again is fun. Hotrodding them is even more fun 👍🏻

Ok. I’ll bite
During the quarantine I bought a non running poulan 2150. I spent way to much money to get it running but after that I was hooked. I bought, hoarded, everything. Some I could make run and others ended up at the recycler.
It seems I’ve settled on collecting and using macs and homelites mostly. For macs I’ve got a super pro 80 with about ten others down to an old 2-10 auto. For homelites I’ve got a little top handle saw, SEZs, ca50, a 72 SXL and a 360. I’ve got one 3.7 craftsman and a few of those little Poulan that my sons and I ported and rebuilt.

I heard some call it an addiction but I think finding them and making them run again is fun. Hotrodding them is even more fun 👍🏻
I’m looking at cheaper saws to port now since the prices on some of the more expensive used saws is going crazy, the shipping has gone up. Even look for the cloned saws like the macs under another label, same saw but cheaper. Port it,

No not normaly.

70cc saws are what I use for everything. I tend to run across stihl more often because thats what most run here.

Seems to be 10yr cycles

Ive had a 372 for a long time.

But have had 372 044 440 046 460 359 084 066 064 660 034 310 026 260 .

Currently have a 372 and 084 probly let the 084 go to a better home.

I’ve been collecting Stihl for the last year or two. I’m not a logger or anything and mainly get them running and listen to them run occasionally. I focus mainly on the saws of the 80s. My favorites in my small collection (about 20 saws) are the 031, 051, and 075. I’ve also noticed the prices going higher on Ebay and now they are charging tax. Tax and shipping charges have curtailed my buying.

Attachments

• 347CCADC-C18F-451F-803C-16C554501869.jpeg
    347CCADC-C18F-451F-803C-16C554501869.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 26
I owned a few here and there until I found a guy selling a MS200c for 75 bucks and it ran. Bought it and told him if he has any other saws to sell call me. He then closed out his tree business a year or so later. I went to buy 2 saws from hi and wound up coming home with about 13 when the rest of the people didn't show up. I'm slowly working through them and trying to get them running so I can sell most of them off. You never know when you're going to come across a deal.

I seem to be accidentally starting a collection (or a hoard!), I'd have more if finances allowed!

Husqvarna 262XP
Husqvarna 346XPG
2x Dolmar 101 Top handles
2x Jonsered 535s
And a 170 Stihl that I really can't be bothered rebuilding!

All used for small scale (personal) firewooding, UK based.

[edit] oh and an Oregon CS250 36v battery saw, quite a capable little thing really.

Back