Collecting chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Montgomery Wards itch to scratch. Made by maculloch. Which are over priced. I don’t see any western auto wizzered saws. No big cc Poulan s to be seen.

Been collecting Shindaiwa equipment (saws and brush cutters) for several years. Most common is they don’t run and need a fuel line and carb cleaning to get them running. Not very popular but they seem to run well. Reliable once set up to run. Got 50 or so runners. I’ve been running a 488 and a 577 lately to gather firewood.
c60bfd709ffe223389961b85e9a52099.jpg

d3de575bb48194c12f2c8caadd02b1fd.jpg

31d271190591c24e61acf86fd763ad8a.jpg

b67352f371732cf60591b19d88f4bac9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow sweet pics! Thanks! That's the stuff to get the blood pumping for the day!!!

I don't have much skill at repairing them, so it would often be quite costly to get them repaired. A dealer quoted me $1100 to fix my 441C. But I bought the 500i for $1180; no brainer! On

Attachments

• 1636981714068193348033246226989.jpg
    1636981714068193348033246226989.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 29
Holy crap! Thing grenaded??? Never seen that before that needs alot of work but if a parts saw is available might be worth the time to try fixing it when times available

Holy crap! Thing grenaded??? Never seen that before that needs alot of work but if a parts saw is available might be worth the time to try fixing it when times available
I might have pulled an ARD tard move. Bc there's a fine line between rookie and being dumb like me

Me either lol when my equipment breaks it usually goes to this guy at my dad's work who fixes stuff on the side. I bet there is 1000 guys on here who could walk you through it.

Me either lol when my equipment breaks it usually goes to this guy at my dad's work who fixes stuff on the side. I bet there is 1000 guys on here who could walk you through it.
True but I tried so hard so many times I'll never put a new starter spring and cord on has to do for both pioneers (my 650 need new starter cable and cord) andy 650 needs the top of the head on the engine 2 studs snapped

True but I tried so hard so many times I'll never put a new starter spring and cord on has to do for both pioneers (my 650 need new starter cable and cord) andy 650 needs the top of the head on the engine 2 studs snapped
I've left that poor 650 just sitting bc every time I try my hand with the starter spring.. I get mad 😂 so for the other saw I've already purchased and whole new assembly for it lol. I can tinker with everything else but once you have me test my patience it's game over 😂

I agree I restored a sweet 19" snapper lawnmower and now it doesn't start. All I did was powerwash the motor??? Talk about frustration 🤬 I was excited to take it to a tractor show featuring briggs and stratton motors but it didn't run, and still not running, no spark now???

I agree I restored a sweet 19" snapper lawnmower and now it doesn't start. All I did was powerwash the motor??? Talk about frustration 🤬 I was excited to take it to a tractor show featuring briggs and stratton motors but it didn't run, and still not running, no spark now???
Bake the coil lol

Back