Collecting chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was worried alil paint over spray may have jammed me up but cleaning it off the magnets and still nothing??? I mean it's an old briggs and stratton as long as the rod isn't poking out the side if the case it should run.
You have it looking really nice. I have 2 of those mowers with Briggs motors, a 3HP self propelled and a 4HP commercial model, very heavy mowers with those thick steel decks. Both have been used every year during grass cutting season since the 80s. .
The engines are original, never been rebuilt, but the 3HP is getting tired.
One of mine got wet a long time ago (somebody left it out during a bad t-storm) and it wouldn't spark. I parked it in the sun for a couple weeks to dry out and the spark issue went away.

Thanks! yea this one is a lightweight one 19" cut. I have proby a half dozen snappers all the 21" cut self propelled and some modified ones with 14" tires for cutting the clover in food plots. That hi vac system they use is no joke best bagger I seen sucks up everything

Yeah Lee...been a bad **** show the last couple years......had a great time down in Falmouth.... .might try to catch up with you in Jackman just for chits and giggles sometime....
Best to come to Jackman in the summer and fall months, Winters i'm out snowmobiling. Let me know,
your more than welcome to stay at my house.

Best to come to Jackman in the summer and fall months, Winters i'm out snowmobiling. Let me know,
I'll come up amd visit in winter I love riding. Lol. Used to do a few trips to Jackman a year. Always rented a mobile at John's. Then had kids and pretty much just rode local for years. Now kids are getting older we are starting to ride more and more.

I'll come up amd visit in winter I love riding. Lol. Used to do a few trips to Jackman a year. Always rented a mobile at John's. Then had kids and pretty much just rode local for years. Now kids are getting older we are starting to ride more and more.

Jackman is a great area, Been riding there since 1995 and finally bought my own home
there 3 years ago. John's was sold to the Allen family a few years ago but something
happened with partners and they lost it and it is now named Johns again. That trailer
park is across the street from the road my house is on.

I used to collect. Obsessed from an adolescent stuck in the city, I finally closed a chapter when I moved to the north woods. I studied & followed the BC standard training, etc for years & give anyone in the Industry a Lot of Credit. Sold it all for a fraction as they were not in use. Some never seen wood. Mint 394xp! Custom Polished Cannon, Windsor Chromium, Piped 461. 441, 880, 372, 390xp, 395 xp, etc. Someone got a good deal. $3200 in never used Lightweights & chain alone.20170616_170721.jpg20150527_173309.jpg20160229_182350.jpg sell.jpg3941.jpgStay Safe! sell3.jpg

I preferred Husqvarna. That 461 left an impression on me however, so tried the 462. Apparently I was 2nd on a year & a half wait list for the 500. I kindly went to say thank you but no thanks .. looked at it & caved, they were hard to find? .. the 462 "generally speaking" is just light. arbor.jpg

Jackman is a great area, Been riding there since 1995 and finally bought my own home
there 3 years ago. John's was sold to the Allen family a few years ago but something
happened with partners and they lost it and it is now named Johns again. That trailer
park is across the street from the road my house is on.
Nice! Would love a camp or something up there. My dad first took me there in '93 I believe. It is gorgeous there for sure. Been about 15 years since I last rode there.

Nice! Would love a camp or something up there. My dad first took me there in '93 I believe. It is gorgeous there for sure. Been about 15 years since I last rode there.

Trails get better every year. 5 new bridges in the past 2 years. Updated groomers and drags.
The club "Border riders" grooms 4 to 5 times a week.

I used to collect. Obsessed from an adolescent stuck in the city, I finally closed a chapter when I moved to the north woods. I studied & followed the BC standard training, etc for years & give anyone in the Industry a Lot of Credit. Sold it all for a fraction as they were not in use. Some never seen wood. Mint 394xp! Custom Polished Cannon, Windsor Chromium, Piped 461. 441, 880, 372, 390xp, 395 xp, etc. Someone got a good deal. $3200 in never used Lightweights & chain alone.View attachment 941842View attachment 941841View attachment 941840 View attachment 941838View attachment 941839Stay Safe! View attachment 941837

Holy ****, Where was i when you were selling. I'd a bought the whole lot. Nice saws, Sorry you had to sell.

Thanks lee.....would like to catch up sometime....it would likely be in the warmer months.....the brides uncle lives up on Wyman Lake...Pleasant Ridge Plantation. Probably ride up on the bike...we'll keep in touch

Thanks lee.....would like to catch up sometime....it would likely be in the warmer months.....the brides uncle lives up on Wyman Lake...Pleasant Ridge Plantation. Probably ride up on the bike...we'll keep in touch
They used to have snowmobile races on Wyman lake. They stop that a few years ago.
Keep in touch buddy.

They used to have snowmobile races on Wyman lake. They stop that a few years ago.
Keep in touch buddy.
Yeah....they used to have roundy round auto ice racing on Moose Head years back too...think they stopped that too. Gawd it was good ...went up as pit crew for a buddy of mine for a few years....he ran a '66 two stroke Saab with the Monta Carlo set up...750CC Tripple with three carbs and domed pistons running on AV gas. Was a hoot!! He was a crazy cat....6 foot seven, 275lbs...he'd just fit in that old Saab 96......he was a hard guy to get ahead of!!! He's gone now....RIP Big Mike....

Yeah....they used to have roundy round auto ice racing on Moose Head years back too...think they stopped that too. Gawd it was good ...went up as pit crew for a buddy of mine for a few years....he ran a '66 two stroke Saab with the Monta Carlo set up...750CC Tripple with three carbs and domed pistons running on AV gas. Was a hoot!! He was a crazy cat....6 foot seven, 275lbs...he'd just fit in that old Saab 96......he was a hard guy to get ahead of!!! He's gone now....RIP Big Mike....

I knew a guy who raced the auto ice races in the Auburn area but that stopped many years ago.
Insurance companies probably banned them.

Holy ****, Where was i when you were selling. I'd a bought the whole lot. Nice saws, Sorry you had to sell.
I didn't really have too & was on the fence?!? They just were taking up room, never being used and it sorta ran it's course. A young guy pulled a 14 hour round trip to take everything, $5500 cash. ?idk, went to a good home.

I didn't really have too & was on the fence?!? They just were taking up room, never being used and it sorta ran it's course. A young guy pulled a 14 hour round trip to take everything, $5500 cash. ?idk, went to a good home.

Your Twin? Now he will look at them til he realizes he's never going to use them.

I bought 2 saws this year, after selling 2 saws. I now have 2 saws (+ the ms880 that I don't count).

I collect whatever catches my eye or what I can get for dirt cheap. I love Jonsered, I've got an 820, 490 and 625ii. Also have some Japanese things, (echo 3x cs3000, a cs300, cs3400, cs701vl, an older top handle I forget the model of right now, Shindaiwa 360 and 757)
Stihl 026 and 036QS
Husqvarna 550 ii
Pioneer 1074
Poulan 2050, woodsman, 250a, wild thing and another cheap consumer one.

A solid chunk of metal that I can't find any model number for, I think it's a Skil, wonder if anyone can help identify?

Latest posts

Back