Collecting chainsaws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm turning into a bit of a Jonsereds collector. I'd love to add some sort of X to the collection.

It used to be Stihls but I'm slowly letting them go.

I used to collect. Obsessed from an adolescent stuck in the city, I finally closed a chapter when I moved to the north woods. I studied & followed the BC standard training, etc for years & give anyone in the Industry a Lot of Credit. Sold it all for a fraction as they were not in use. Some never seen wood. Mint 394xp! Custom Polished Cannon, Windsor Chromium, Piped 461. 441, 880, 372, 390xp, 395 xp, etc. Someone got a good deal. $3200 in never used Lightweights & chain alone.View attachment 941842View attachment 941841View attachment 941840 View attachment 941838View attachment 941839Stay Safe! View attachment 941837
Wow, great collection

not a collector at all...more of an abuser. ridem hard and put them away. I just need lots and lots of firewood to keep my cabin warm....-17c for 3 or 4 months will make your jiggly bits want to crawl back up into you.

I will say I go with one brand only. why? because I can buy OEM parts online without much hassle and they drop the wood like strippers drop G strings.

Well i have pretty much just started id say collecting saws a friend of mine kept kicking this big saw around in his shed and everytime i was there id say ill take that saw if ya gonna keep kicking it around ,well one day i was there n he tripped over it working on his Harley he told get this F%#&ing saw outta my shed n put it in your truck. Well turned out it was a David Bradley 647g and i thought it was just fascinating how the old saws were n heavy ,my god how people ran them all day long in the woods , been bringing saws home since i have it and a DB 360,pioneer 1200a,homelite c52, super xl "big red", 2 xl 2 automatics, husky 350,craftsman top handle ,poulan p3314, oh and another newer homelite 33cc there is something about the old saws i love em lol

I’m thinking maybe some new blood will post too I like to see non posters chime in. So many just readers. Come on register and join the fun, help out with your experiences too where all not perfect.
I'm a newbie here on this forum and mostly read . I've been getting into Pioneer saws for awhile ever since I rescued my father's P 38 .Would love to collect some Macs ,old Remingtons etc etc . I run a newer 372xp torq , but love the older saws .

Latest posts

Back