Colorado Racing Summer 2009

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheese

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Sorry for the crosspost. I buggered an eye, but am recovering and will be back to training next week so it is getting to be racing time!

Anyone coming up to Kremmling on August 8th? I should be closer to race shape by then.

Anyone going to Southfork on July 18-19? I may be ugly here. Uglier than usual I guess!

The CSU Logging Sports Team will be doing a demonstration in Buena Vista at the city's heritage days on August 1-2 for anyone in the area. No open racing, but a chance to see some local talent.

I keep hoping to meet and connect with more locals but last summer conspired against that.

Talked to one of the guys from our neck of the woods who went to Southfork. He said they had a great time. He said their Solo 681 was a runner! Sounded like a great time. Maybe I'll get there next year.

Talked to one of the guys from our neck of the woods who went to Southfork. He said they had a great time. He said their Solo 681 was a runner! Sounded like a great time. Maybe I'll get there next year.

I missed South Fork this year. I won the overall there last year though, aw shoot, that dosen't count anymore though I guess. ;)
Eagar AZ is next weekend, Aug. 1st. I'm planning on being there, you should try to make it.

Andy

Eagar is right in my backyard. Alas, I will miss it again this year due to family reunion commitments. I saw most of the competition 2 years ago. Those things are always so much fun to watch. I've never competed, or even thought about competing. Mostly I just like to cut fire-wood with a well-tuned, sharp saw.

Good luck though. Several of the locals will be competing again. You'll get to see that Solo up close.

Eagar is right in my backyard. Alas, I will miss it again this year due to family reunion commitments. I saw most of the competition 2 years ago. Those things are always so much fun to watch. I've never competed, or even thought about competing. Mostly I just like to cut fire-wood with a well-tuned, sharp saw.

Good luck though. Several of the locals will be competing again. You'll get to see that Solo up close.

If that Solo belongs to who I think it does, I've seen it before. I've got one that will run with it. Sometimes I win, sometimes he wins. If it's a new one running around out there.....................we'll just have to see.:popcorn:
The main thing is I get to see all my racing buddy's, and have fun. If I don't win a thing it will be worth the trip.
I spent an hour and a half on the phone the other day with a buddy from Springerville, talking about what I missed at South Fork. :laugh:
Don't let a family reunion stop you. Load up the whole bunch and bring em with ya.
Andy

If that Solo belongs to who I think it does, I've seen it before. I've got one that will run with it. Sometimes I win, sometimes he wins. If it's a new one running around out there.....................we'll just have to see.:popcorn:
The main thing is I get to see all my racing buddy's, and have fun. If I don't win a thing it will be worth the trip.
I spent an hour and a half on the phone the other day with a buddy from Springerville, talking about what I missed at South Fork. :laugh:
Don't let a family reunion stop you. Load up the whole bunch and bring em with ya.
Andy

If You're talking to a saw guy in Springerville, then we're probably in the same herd. I'm just a newbie though, enjoying some good woodcutting. Family reunion pulled me away 4th of July as well. Next year I'm planning the reunion dates!!!

And, oh if it were just my little family we would stay for the competition. But I can't fit 50+ people into the same vehicle with grandma and grandpa for the 5 hour drive.:)

If You're talking to a saw guy in Springerville, then we're probably in the same herd. I'm just a newbie though, enjoying some good woodcutting. Family reunion pulled me away 4th of July as well. Next year I'm planning the reunion dates!!!

And, oh if it were just my little family we would stay for the competition. But I can't fit 50+ people into the same vehicle with grandma and grandpa for the 5 hour drive.:)

Hahaha. Yep, hard to fit 50 folks into 1 vehicle if it ain't a Greyhound.
Maybe you can make it to the comp. in Cloudcroft, it's Sept. 19th.
I know Lonnie, Kenny, Leon, & Vince (same heard?) will probably be here.

Andy

Sorry for the crosspost. I buggered an eye, but am recovering and will be back to training next week so it is getting to be racing time!

Anyone coming up to Kremmling on August 8th? I should be closer to race shape by then.

Anyone going to Southfork on July 18-19? I may be ugly here. Uglier than usual I guess!

The CSU Logging Sports Team will be doing a demonstration in Buena Vista at the city's heritage days on August 1-2 for anyone in the area. No open racing, but a chance to see some local talent.

I keep hoping to meet and connect with more locals but last summer conspired against that.

Looks like I may be able to make Kremmling.

Andy

Hahaha. Yep, hard to fit 50 folks into 1 vehicle if it ain't a Greyhound.
Maybe you can make it to the comp. in Cloudcroft, it's Sept. 19th.
I know Lonnie, Kenny, Leon, & Vince (same heard?) will probably be here.

Andy

That's hilarious. Vince's son Vince Jr. and I hung out quite a bit in high school. We got into our share of trouble together. Lonnie and Leon are newer acquaintances but top notch guys. Leon opened up the muffler on my ms 390 for me, did a great job. I'm sure I'll meet Kenny at some point, but my understanding is he did the machine work on Leons Solo.

Give them heck this weekend!! :chainsawguy:

Back