Commercial splitter but no conveyor - looking for suggestions to improve efficiency

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most hydraulic conveyors are top drum driven. Don't really know what difference it makes. Just an observation.
I assume it's because it's easier to pull the chain/belt and have any slack underneath (with the motor at the top) than it is to try to keep the tension perfect since any slack would bunch up with your load (with the motor at the bottom).

Put an I-Match on the 3 point. You can get knock-offs for around $100. For me, swapping implements on the 3-point is a huge PITA and the I-Match makes it a no brainer. I have one that I will put on the sub compact Kubota, it sure makes swapping implements fast.

Anyone have experience with a Range-road RR502 conveyor? I can get one unassembled for $2650+ tax. Similar to the previous one I linked but 18' instead of 16' but conveyor is only 12" wide instead of 18" and looks a little less beefy overall. . I spoke with the rep today and he said they have sold quite a few with minimal issues. He did mention that the conveyor likes to be on level ground - can have belt tracking issues otherwise.

https://range-road.com/home-usa/product-catalogue/other-equipment/rr502-standalone-conveyor/
I have been looking at hay elevators everywhere for a few months. Don't really want something 24+ feet long. Most that are in decent shape are $1k and then you have to buy an engine/pulley/belts/mount.

I did make a trailer hitch mount for my ballast block and moving the splitter is easy with the tractor compared to the ATV.

If you need a conveyor go 24" and the hay elevators dont hold up ask me how i know .The range road is ok for non commercial use the belts break and just china .I went with a wolfridge 24" we also have an SHO splitter and the combo puts out the wood .As far as conveyors i should have gotten one years ago what a time saver .Making wood and loading trucks and trailers .The grizzly bar cleaning set up included with there conveyors does a great job cleaning the wood .

Back