• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Complete Stihl 084 for Stihl 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isacguy

You serious Clark?
Reaction score
I have a complete Stihl 084 with a pretty darn good muffler. I acquired it running, albeit roughly. I pulled the exhaust and there is vertical scoring on the piston. I have not pulled the top off of this saw, it had the OEM jug on it though. The coil is the 3 bolt unlimited version, the clutch cover shows as the modern version with the single notch (instead of the older style) and the air filter is the HD version. I have purchased some parts for it, (a spare recoil assembly, a spare recoil spring, those two little screws that strip out that hold the carburetor down.) I have only started the cleaning process, I haven't completely disassembled everything yet, so if you are looking for one, this is a good start with a stock saw. I really do not want to part with it, but I plan on actually using it, and the Stihl 088 is much easier to get parts for. I am really only interested in a Stihl 088 that is pretty much stock. Just putting it out there before I tear into this thing completely and restore it.

I just happened to have the one picture currently, sorry about the quality, I can get more if anyone is interested. 20160121_171949.jpg

Latest posts

Back