Confused by husqvarna 353 fuel/impulse lines and NAKED LADIES!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "D" shaped end of the "RETURN" from the purge bulb goes through the cab box floor (Flywheel side) crosses between handle and under side of carb box. There is (should be) a nipple from the tank for the return and it is good at hiding from view, Flat side of D end goes against the tank to aaid in keeping it from slipping off, I took my tank off to find mine ,, I got it as a basket (Large cardboard Tote of saws) deal. My 2152 J had an ?ear? on the tank to prevent hose from getting in a pinch point.

The "D" shaped end of the "RETURN" from the purge bulb goes through the cab box floor (Flywheel side) crosses between handle and under side of carb box. There is (should be) a nipple from the tank for the return and it is good at hiding from view, Flat side of D end goes against the tank to aaid in keeping it from slipping off, I took my tank off to find mine ,, I got it as a basket (Large cardboard Tote of saws) deal. My 2152 J had an ?ear? on the tank to prevent hose from getting in a pinch point.
Google part # 544 33 10-01 to see what was originally where some rerouting hoses have been put.

Post #1 pic 1 and 2 is the other end of the upper line with the flat oval molded onto it you have in pic #3 upper right. The oval empty hole in the lower right third pic is for the fuel line, and the hole you have with 2 lines should have only the fuel line. The line in pic#3 with the flat oval molded in should have a second very short line molded onto the upper section . it goes from the return side of carb to the suction side of purge bulb. And the long part of the dual hose goes from the pressure/return side of purge bulb to the Tank nipple I mentioned a few posts ago. You can eliminate the purge bulb but the tank nipple/hose needs plugged to avoid mix leaking and tank contamination.. and the hole where the bulb goes should be covered to keep carb/air box clean. the carb barb should be plugged...

Post #1 pic 1 and 2 is the other end of the upper line with the flat oval molded int it, The oval empty hole in the lower right third pic is for the fuel line, and the hole you have with 2 lines should have only the fuel line. The line in pic#3 with the flat oval molded in should ha a second very short line molded ont the upper section . it goes to the return side of carb to the suction side of purge bulb. And the long part of the dual hose goes from the ?pressure? side/return side of purge bulb ti the Tank nipple I mentioned a few posts ago. You can eliminate the purge bulb but the tank nipple/hose needs plugged to avoid mix leaking and tank contamination.. and the hole where the bulb goes should be covered to keep carb/air box clean. the carb barb should be plugged...
I wonder about the 2 fuel lines. Someone is selling a 353 here with good pics of the carb area and his saw also has 2 lines in that spot, looks like one goes to carb and one possibly goes to the air box

I wonder about the 2 fuel lines. Someone is selling a 353 here with good pics of the carb area and his saw also has 2 lines in that spot, looks like one goes to carb and one possibly goes to the air box
Do your saw your way, try to avoid linkage interference. I am going back to the Peanut Gallery.

Ok, here are some pictures. The back hose coming out of the fuel tank goes to the carburetor. The middle hose coming out of the tank is the tank vent, and it comes up next to the fuel line and attaches to the carb intake inlet. The front hose coming out of the tank goes to the purge bulb. The other line off the purge bulb is very short and attaches to the carb.

Attachments

• F9773DD4-AE80-47F6-A5D0-6DDBEF6E5A40.jpeg
    F9773DD4-AE80-47F6-A5D0-6DDBEF6E5A40.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 9E5465FA-AB14-4BBB-8407-53182B814F20.jpeg
    9E5465FA-AB14-4BBB-8407-53182B814F20.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 3D803AC1-97F7-4D42-9757-14AF1E3E2265.jpeg
    3D803AC1-97F7-4D42-9757-14AF1E3E2265.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • BABFCF77-52C2-4200-9E15-1CFF2B263DBA.jpeg
    BABFCF77-52C2-4200-9E15-1CFF2B263DBA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Still have too many fuel lines? The one my thumb is on I think is the fuel line. I think one is the purge bulb line but no idea how it returns into the tank. And then there’s a short line coming up right next to the fuel line. Is that a tank vent? Anyone have a picture or diagram that might help a mechanically challenged old guy?
Does a 353 have a purge bulb? Mine doesn't, I have 4 Husqvarnas and none of them have one..

Ok, here are some pictures. The back hose coming out of the fuel tank goes to the carburetor. The middle hose coming out of the tank is the tank vent, and it comes up next to the fuel line and attaches to the carb intake inlet. The front hose coming out of the tank goes to the purge bulb. The other line off the purge bulb is very short and attaches to the carb.
Thanks. That’s exactly what I needed

Latest posts

Back