Contact info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben A Gonna

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello to all
Have been searching for Stumpys customs contact information .
Looking for some mods on a stihl 031 av wood boss.
Thank you
Ben A Gonna

OK thank you, and with that a reputable saw shop or builder some what close to (flyover country) Kansas
Thank you
Ben

Thanks guys. I would like to put a 20 in or longer bar on this for cutting out here around the acreage.
I would appreciate all of your opinions and expertise . Is it worth rebuilding this older saw , it still runs good, just question if it will have the power for the longer bar. Do any of you guys have the name and contact for a reputable person or shop I could contact.
Thank you.!
Ben

Thank

Let me rephrase the question. Looking for up to date names and numbers as most of the info is some what out dated
Thanks again
Ben

Let me rephrase the question. Looking for up to date names and numbers as most of the info is some what out dated
Thanks again
Ben
I mean no disrespect, but I think the problem is that most builders don’t want to port a saw that’s of that vintage. The crank, bearings, and piston might be fine if the saw is left stock, but may not last long once ported. And by the time you spent the money to replace them, you could put that money towards the cost of a newer model that might respond better to porting. Could even sell that saw to help fund the purchase of a better candidate.
Like I said, there’s no disrespect intended. But I think this is probably the general consensus

I mean no disrespect, but I think the problem is that most builders don’t want to port a saw that’s of that vintage. The crank, bearings, and piston might be fine if the saw is left stock, but may not last long once ported. And by the time you spent the money to replace them, you could put that money towards the cost of a newer model that might respond better to porting. Could even sell that saw to help fund the purchase of a better candidate.
Like I said, there’s no disrespect intended. But I think this is probably the general consensus
Kevin
Thanks for the reply, and in no way did you hurt my feelings or show any disrespect. That's the kind of information I wanted.
I have a 021 and a 026 plus this 031. If a guy was to look for another saw with at least a 20 or 24 in bar what would be the saw to look for .Have always been a stihl guy but last weed trimmer I got was husky, great tool no problems with it. Bought a 525 bx husky blower. What a piece of junk. Several shops have attempted to fix it but. ( Post in other side of forum).
Any and all information and or advice greatly appreciated. Always looking to learn.
Ben

Thanks guys.
Husky or Stihl Ford or Chevy .
Ben
Would like to take time to thank everyone that has responded. I appreciate the thoughts and or opinions.I will continue to lurk behind the scenes and hopefully pick up on more from you professional guys.
I really hope the new year is many many times better for everyone.!
L8R
Ben A Gonna

Back