Cottonwood tree trimming

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill52

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a large cottonwood treeay next to driveway. I can deal with sap but a medium size limb fell in wind one night and did a little damage to utility trailer, repaired in an hour today, but would have been much more costly if a car. I'm wondering if should have large limb over driveway reduced or removed and how it would affect heath of tree. To left in one, to right in other photo. And is that in the $1500 range?

Attachments

• PXL_20210921_205724041.jpg
    PXL_20210921_205724041.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 9
  • PXL_20210930_173957624.jpg
    PXL_20210930_173957624.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 9
I'd get a few estimates as that sounds like a high price.
I have a large cottonwood treeay next to driveway. I can deal with sap but a medium size limb fell in wind one night and did a little damage to utility trailer, repaired in an hour today, but would have been much more costly if a car. I'm wondering if should have large limb over driveway reduced or removed and how it would affect heath of tree. To left in one, to right in other photo. And is that in the $1500 range?

Thanks Del.

I'm guessing on price. I had a whole tree taken down a little smaller than that 4 or 5 years ago - Chicago suburb - and $5000.

I just know it's beyond my own capabilities. I don't do well working at height.

But should I be concerned and have it removed, or leave well enough alone?

So, I need a real arborist - not the usual around me - guys with a pick up, trailer, and chain saws - and does reducing mean cutting of a portion of the branch?

Back