County line ( TSC ) full chisel 3/8 LP.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a machinist come through the shop recently and when I was describing the chrome plating on chain he asked about titanium nitride (TiN) coating. A lot of cutting tools including drill bits are coated with TiN, supposed to help hold an edge longer and reduce friction.

If they are relying on TiN in place of hard chrome plating for the wear life, I wouldn't have much confidence in the ability of the cutting tooth to hold and edge.

Mark

I had a machinist come through the shop recently and when I was describing the chrome plating on chain he asked about titanium nitride (TiN) coating. A lot of cutting tools including drill bits are coated with TiN, supposed to help hold an edge longer and reduce friction.

If they are relying on TiN in place of hard chrome plating for the wear life, I wouldn't have much confidence in the ability of the cutting tooth to hold and edge.

Mark

Full time machinist here. Used to sell cutting tools too...

Titanium Nitride is useful in a couple ways on metal-cutting tools. It forms a chemical barrier on carbide tools, to prevent rapid tool wear. It also offers a pretty low-friction surface. It is incredibly thin. Like .0002"-.0005" .

Outside of any corrosion resistance, I can't see any benefit to a saw-chain, except for "MaRkEtInG" purposes...

That being said, if the chain performed OK, that's fine too...

From the link in post 1
" This titanium saw chain features the Centri-Lube oil distribution system that pulls oil from the bar and distributes to the chain's rivets reducing stretch, limiting field adjustments, and extending the life of the saw chain."

I went on ebay and if excluding the word semi nothing comes up in a tri link and chisel specific chainsaw chain however the drive links on those Semi chisel S class chain listings do have oil distributing features absent in the pictures for this product. It is the tri link logo, appears so to me.

I don't know about Stihl PS chain being not available looks like it is $25 a loop if you buy two no shipping fee on ebay now. 62dl ps or ps3 take your choice.

I got $23.39 for a price after I put in a cart, contactless curbside delivery available. There may be emailed discount deal if you have their credit card or loyalty program.

From the link in post 1
" This titanium saw chain features the Centri-Lube oil distribution system that pulls oil from the bar and distributes to the chain's rivets reducing stretch, limiting field adjustments, and extending the life of the saw chain."

I went on ebay and if excluding the word semi nothing comes up in a tri link and chisel specific chainsaw chain however the drive links on those Semi chisel S class chain listings do have oil distributing features absent in the pictures for this product. It is the tri link logo, appears so to me.

I don't know about Stihl PS chain being not available looks like it is $25 a loop if you buy two no shipping fee on ebay now. 62dl ps or ps3 take your choice.

I got $23.39 for a price after I put in a cart, contactless curbside delivery available. There may be emailed discount deal if you have their credit card or loyalty program.
The stihl dealer said NLA only semi chisel in picco.

I tried the titanium 3/8 full chisel and didn’t notice any improvement over the regular tsc tri link chain. Seemed harder to sharpen, and didn’t last any longer in the dirty wood I cut. The regular full chisel is alright in a pinch, just expensive for what it is.

The stihl dealer said NLA only semi chisel in picco.
Maybe it is through his source that has a limited number of square miles. If you want I can give you a direct link from ebay. Stihl generally has good product they have their business model as well. If you email them and ask if it is true it is NLA chances are they will answer you. For me there is no SC chain at Tractor supply here in zip code 06076, I can't even see inside the package to tell what if any features are on the drive links. The semi chisel s62 is $19.9x. I would recommend the roller sharpening device a Husqvarna product for h35 and 36 which is essentially the thing being discussed here it is about $15 and the round files are good and the flat one is real good.

PS 3617 000 062
PS3 3616 000 062

I ordered some PS3 locally a few years ago 56dl loops figured the straight PS would lead to a lecture or argument.

If you have a dog it is a great place to be able to take him or her we got a lot of dog food and a splitting maul today.

I tried the titanium 3/8 full chisel and didn’t notice any improvement over the regular tsc tri link chain. Seemed harder to sharpen, and didn’t last any longer in the dirty wood I cut. The regular full chisel is alright in a pinch, just expensive for what it is.
I have using the Oregon advance Cut 91PX chain on my little echo and it has been cutting all my wood just fine i was only curious about other chain.

Yes, but it will work best with skip chain not full comp.

I have a 30" bar that I use on mine occasionally and it does fine. The Husqvarna large mount bars fit the Echo 590/600/620's but the opening at the bar studs is a little wide. I cut two pieces of 3/8" steel tubing to shim them for a better fit and good to go.

I bought a bar a few years ago and it came with a Chinesium chain on it. Broke about half way thru the first tank of fuel, never tried one again and probably never will......FWIW......

Thank you for the input . Very helpful. I have two chains for the bar , new in box. Can you change the bar studs to a larger size instead of pipe shim .

Latest posts

Back