Couple of Junk pile builds back on line and pitted in a head to head cookie event

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just have a few tanks thru this 572 I brought back from dead. It's a nice looking (now) and solid performing saw pitted against...

That Holzfforma g372xt I tore into way back in 2019 or so. It had all kinds of issues as documented in the videos of that era. Worked my way thru most of them and sent it to be killed by a logger on durability testing. He did not disappoint. 6 months later it came back with a wasted rod bearing. Got scavenged for parts and tossed into the junk pile.... until this winter when I decided to see if it was something that might be a place to use OTHER parts from said pile to build a running saw. It runs. Well. So basically this is a 572 v 372 comparison. NON scientific, but you can "tell" a lot from how they both run. It is a classic torque with a wide power band vs. peaky but more horse power race

Back