Craftsman 3.3 information

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ammoaddict

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these. Saw does not run, supposed to be complete. I'm assuming it's a poulan but I know nothing about them. Is it worth 20 bucks?
78bb2cee5abcb942d68b79e190a65783.jpg
a7f228bcdf00bcdcf6d0509d789b6e31.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Definitely. And if I’m not mistaken, the “Sears best” has the chrome bore, basically it’s a Poulan pro 335. Those are real saws. Bolt on jug, mag case, adjustable oil pump, good vibration isolators. Easy to work on 50ish cc. Probably has a .325” rim too. As good as any pro saw from that era 80s-90s

Anyone know anything about these. Saw does not run, supposed to be complete. I'm assuming it's a poulan but I know nothing about them. Is it worth 20 bucks?
78bb2cee5abcb942d68b79e190a65783.jpg
a7f228bcdf00bcdcf6d0509d789b6e31.jpg

It’s worth $20 all day long and twice on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Definitely. And if I’m not mistaken, the “Sears best” has the chrome bore, basically it’s a Poulan pro 335. Those are real saws. Bolt on jug, mag case, adjustable oil pump, good vibration isolators. Easy to work on 50ish cc. Probably has a .325” rim too. As good as any pro saw from that era 80s-90s
Thanks, i didn't realize it was a mag case saw. I thought it was a plastic clamshell like the other craftsman,/wild things I've seen. Guy says it has a 20" bar and good chain. I have no idea what bar mount they use. What years were these made? Parts still available?

Thanks, i didn't realize it was a mag case saw. I thought it was a plastic clamshell like the other craftsman,/wild things I've seen. Guy says it has a 20" bar and good chain. I have no idea what bar mount they use. What years were these made? Parts still available?
K041 and snap it up now.

Pulley in it worth that alone.

Made the 274th day of 96, uses 041 Oregon mount bar but a 095 for a small Husky should work. Some parts are getting harder to get, intake boot being one.
I'm learning you need to take the bar off and look at the area for the bar adjuster on them. Many knuckle draggers that have these fail to line the pin up with the hole in the bar and run the pin into the oil tank when they cinch her up with the 2' breaker bar. Then it's JB Weld and Intenz bar time.

I would definitely go through the lines on the saw especially the pulse line. I would suggest using a rubber line for the impulse instead of tygon. I have never used tygon for the impulse, some do though. It doesn’t take the heat as well as rubber does.I recently switch over to the echo brand fuel line instead of tygon for my fuel hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The one I have isn’t new in box but I bet it hasn’t had 10 tanks thru it. I have a theory on these saws. Back when you could get a real good saw at Sears that’s what a homeowner bought. Keep in the shed for some firewood or storm cleanup. Usually well taken care of and not much use over 30 + years. You’d find them with a case, manual, scrench, rag and a chain or 2. They are probably the best value out there for a used saw since it’s just a “craftsman” and people think it’s the same as the junk they sold for the past 10 years.

Made the 274th day of 96, uses 041 Oregon mount bar but a 095 for a small Husky should work. Some parts are getting harder to get, intake boot being one.
I'm learning you need to take the bar off and look at the area for the bar adjuster on them. Many knuckle draggers that have these fail to line the pin up with the hole in the bar and run the pin into the oil tank when they cinch her up with the 2' breaker bar. Then it's JB Weld and Intenz bar time.
Thanks. I would have thought it to be older since it doesn't have a chain brake. But like I said I know nothing about these poulans. I know a little about Husqvarna and that's about it. I take it you figured the date out from the serial number. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

I never knew these saws were worth working on, thanks for the info and education. Up til now I only used them to fill up the dumpsters.
These I like over a 026 260 any day. The poulan is better built, better design, carb, choke, filter set ups too.
Build seems real close to 034.

Use echo black line 3x6 for impulse and 3x5 for tank vent if at top of tank and fuel line. Came with 2 different tanks.

c33noslines.jpg
c33nosx.jpgc33nosliness.jpg

Back