Craftsman 358.351610 manual

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Reese

Reaction score
I need to SEE the fuel line routing for this saw. The lines where pretty much pieces with the filter sitting in the bottom of the tank. The primer bulb is cracked and the lines from the primer have broken a small distance from the primer. I have been looking for 1 or 2 weeks for a routing diagram but CANNOT find one! If anyone has a service manual and a user manual for this saw, I certainly will appreciate seeing them. Thank you.

cmhmhh, I have watched your video 3x and I think I follow it pretty well and I thank you for sending it to me. My only hesitation is you really haven't Told where the lines go. You've basically said to watch & see. The line from the top of the primer goes directly to the diaphragm side of the carb. The bottom line from the primer goes to the return line to the tank. That line only goes in about an inch and a half. Hopefully I have that correct, right? Then the fuel line from the tank, the on with the filter attached goes to the pump side of the carb, correct? I believe if I follow your video and you tell me I am correct, then this configuration should have my Craftsman 358.351610 running again. I sure hope I have interpreted your video correctly. I will await your reply. Oh, thank you very much for "instructing me" how to attach the new lines! Thanks again!

Basically, here is the answer that I discovered for mine:

“Short stem on primer bulb, has short fuel line to the carburetor. Long stem on primer bulb, has long fuel line to the fuel tank.

Video:

I recently bought a 38cc Chainsaw on Craigslist for $30. However, once I showed up at the garage sale location, the lady replied “Oh…by the way…my husband always had difficulty getting it to start and run properly”…NOW SHE TELLS ME… (that is when I took the opportunity to offer her $30 instead of the $50 she was asking :)).

After I got back home, I tried using the primer bulb…but no fuel would flow into it (Plugged? Fuel Lines on Backwards? Fuel Lines Disconnected?)

Next, I primed it with gas down the spark plug hole and it started right up and would Idle properly, however; I discovered that it would stall each time when I tried revving up the engine. Time for a YouTube search …See link above ☝️

Finally, I needed to take peek under the hood! I removed the cover (incidentally, there was barely any sawdust in the crooks & crannies…chainsaw looked like it was practically brand new!) and popped off one of the fuel lines from the bulb to confirm they were on the right way…(they were).

—-> It was when I removed one of the the fuel lines from primer bulb that I heard a “vacuum release hissing sound”….hmmm, imagine that?

So, I plugged it right back into the primer bulb and reinstalled the cover, then I pumped the bulb a couple times and FIRED IT RIGHT UP…REVVED UP WITHOUT ISSUE! RUNS AWESOME 😎

Conclusion: Due to the fact that the Lady said that her husband had problems with it from the very beginning, my guess is that the fuel line was kinked from the factory…which caused a vapor-lock when the bulb was pressed…and the rest is history.

End result: Not a bad deal…practically brand new 38cc Craftsman Chainsaw for $30 🪵

Latest posts

Back