Craftsman Bar and Chain Combo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markheatswithwood

Reaction score
I have an old Craftsman chainsaw model number 358.352350. Through this site I have learned that this saw cross references with the old Poulan S25DA saw. I am looking to replace the old banana bar and chain currently on the saw. It is a 16" bar with a 3/8 low profile .050 guage 57 drive link chain. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new bar and chain for such an old saw. I found a Craftsman 16" bar and chain combo on Ebay for $22 but was not sure if it would fit my old saw. It's a 16" bar with a 3/8 low profile chain .050 guage and 56 drive links. Will 56 drive links work with this saw or do I need to stick with 57 drive links. Thanks in advance for any help.

The bar, chain drive link count and sprocket tooth count should transfer from saw a to saw b. Probably all these are a 6 tooth drive sprocket. Maybe the first bar is just a bit longer or maybe they want to make it more complicated hoping you buy 57 drive link loops from them. I think the single rivet 7 tooth nose bars are almost always of kind of low quality materials. Stihl seems to use 9 tooth noses for that class of chain though I do not like the idea of 55 drive links instead of 56.

The bar, chain drive link count and sprocket tooth count should transfer from saw a to saw b. Probably all these are a 6 tooth drive sprocket. Maybe the first bar is just a bit longer or maybe they want to make it more complicated hoping you buy 57 drive link loops from them. I think the single rivet 7 tooth nose bars are almost always of kind of low quality materials. Stihl seems to use 9 tooth noses for that class of chain though I do not like the idea of 55 drive links instead of 56.
You are correct that the saw has a 6 tooth drive sprocket and the original bar has a 7 tooth nose sprocket. I also thought that the new bar might be a little shorter than the old bar thus only having 56 drive links rather than the 57 the old chain had. I did find an Oregon replacement bar and chain combo for this saw and it too had 56 drive links. I guess I could go with the Oregon it's just a bit more expensive.

I have an old Craftsman chainsaw model number 358.352350. Through this site I have learned that this saw cross references with the old Poulan S25DA saw. I am looking to replace the old banana bar and chain currently on the saw. It is a 16" bar with a 3/8 low profile .050 guage 57 drive link chain. I don't want to spend a lot of money on a new bar and chain for such an old saw. I found a Craftsman 16" bar and chain combo on Ebay for $22 but was not sure if it would fit my old saw. It's a 16" bar with a 3/8 low profile chain .050 guage and 56 drive links. Will 56 drive links work with this saw or do I need to stick with 57 drive links. Thanks in advance for any help.
contact manufacture

Matk said, "I found a Craftsman 16" bar and chain combo on Ebay for $22 but was not sure if it would fit my old saw. It's a 16" bar with a 3/8 low profile chain .050 gauge and 56 drive links. Will 56 drive links work with this saw or do I need to stick with 57 drive links."
----------
My advice: Buy it. Dimes to donuts it will work.

Latest posts

Back