Craigslist laughs

Help Support ArboristSite:

ijpom

ijpom

Dude, where's my saw?
We had people want us to dismantle an old house for free firewood about twenty years ago, we declined the offer. We were there removing a mulberry tree for firewood, that was fine. Then they asked if we wanted more firewood, and walked us over to the house. Uh, no. Ha!

I have a bunch of mulberry tree logs that I removed this year. Haven't committed to cutting into firewood lengths, but noted that the wood seems really dense/heavy.
Are you telling me that it makes good burning wood?

djg james

djg james

ArboristSite Guru
I have a bunch of mulberry tree logs that I removed this year. Haven't committed to cutting into firewood lengths, but noted that the wood seems really dense/heavy.
Oh Yeh! Burns hot and weathers well outside. I cut every bit I can find. I turned it down once from a sawyer until I found out how good it was. Kind of like Osage Orange. Just don't put too many sticks on at one time.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.

NO! It's worthless as firewood. You don't want to burn it.

But I tell you what - as you're also in Illinois, just get me the address and I'll come and take it off your hands for you. Just throw me a few bucks for gas and I'll clean it all out for you. :innocent::laugh:

djg james

djg james

ArboristSite Guru

But I tell you what - as you're also in Illinois, just get me the address and I'll come and take it off your hands for you. Just throw me a few bucks for gas and I'll clean it all out for you. :innocent::laugh:
Your first sentence had me going until I read the rest!

ijpom

ijpom

Dude, where's my saw?

Since I know Uncs rep on AS, I knew how take the post. I decline his kind offer, and tease him with the offer I made to my neighbor.

Screenshot_20211128-110328.png
I got no response to the offer.

IMG_20211002_075855407.jpg

So I've been cutting to length and stowing for seasoning.

Sorry, log pile is mostly gone, and offer no longer exists.

ijpom

ijpom

Dude, where's my saw?
@djg james

Saw this and thought of you.
Cherry and mulberry and big and free.
You'll want to be local in Chicagoland, or it's no good.

djg james

djg james

ArboristSite Guru
@djg james

Saw this and thought of you.
Cherry and mulberry and big and free.
You'll want to be local in Chicagoland, or it's no good.

Damn! Would be a nice score, but I'm 6 hours away.

cookies

cookies

ArboristSite Guru
I know its not craigs list but it made me laugh, that wood is so green it might sprout leaves

Gamma Woods

Gamma Woods

ArboristSite Lurker
I wonder if he'll charge you for any nails or old taps you find.

Also saw someone actually say "highly valuable" when asking you to pay to remove a black walnut in the city. I thought that was just an urban legend

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211230-113733-558.png
    Screenshot_20211230-113733-558.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20211230-113713-868.png
    Screenshot_20211230-113713-868.png
    299.2 KB · Views: 57

Yarz

ArboristSite Operative
I can understand trying to get the trees taken down for free.. I've done that (for people I know / friend of a friend type thing) to get firewood.

But requiring the cutter to be licensed/insured, bring in a crane (which may not even be possible), take it to a mill, and give you some of it back!?

What world do these people live in?