Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This was my post for selling my old dump truck. Finally sold it last week.
Yay!

1661635177081.png

If you're looking for a pretty truck that's easy to drive that will impress a city girl, look elsewhere.
This isn't some lifted, glossy 4-wheeled boom box with a 4-foot bed that wouldn't pull a bicycle much less your friend's broken down Prius- This is a truck for a man with worn-down boots, callouses on his hands and sawdust in his pockets. Ugly, powerful, gets the job done, and only a quality hard-working farm girl will be impressed. This is a truck that causes the other men to pull off to the side of the road in respect, and weak men to park far away from it.
Not only is it a dually flatbed, the bed is a full 8' long, and about 7' wide. With its 350 cu.in. engine, it'll haul anything you want it to, and has a trapdoor for your 5th wheel trailer.
But there's more to it than that. This truck has a hydraulic dump bed to empty out whatever you put in it, and has stake pockets around it so you can build your own enclosure, which is what I did. I can't tell you how many loads of dirt, rock, mulch, manure, branches and other stuff I hauled with this monster. It's got a 2" receiver hitch on the back to pull whatever you need it to.
But we're not done yet. With 4 doors and bench seats, it'll hold your whole family. (It won't hold mine, though - WAAY too many kids). There are TWO gas tanks on this fella, but one of them has a leak, so I only use one. Did I mention 4WD? Yes, this baby has it, and it's amazing.
So, you're asking yourself, what's wrong with it? Why such a low price? There's nothing at all wrong with it. The huge gash on the passenger size was done by a young man who didn't see the fire hydrant on that side of the truck, but a little sledgehammer action and the doors work just fine. The dents there serve to make this treasure less appealing to truck thieves, just like the peeling paint, ripped upholstery, and rust. I never bothered to lock the doors, and I'm not sure if they ever work. The headlights are a little on the dim side, and don't quite point straight, but that's helpful for not blinding oncoming traffic and for seeing what may be on the side of the road. The power steering works when it feels like it, which is most of the time, but it likes to cut out just when you need it most. It's great for an upper body workout. Same with the 4WD - it's a bit hard to get in and out, but it'll get there with a bit of effort. Like I said - this is a manly truck. You want air conditioning? Open the windows, and this truck has those wonderful little triangle windows in the front for getting a good breeze into the cab. In fact, the lack of weather stripping around the door also lets in a good breeze, especially in the winter time, but don't worry - the heater isn't overly powerful and won't chase all the cold out of the cab.
But some of us men are getting a bit older and like a bit of convenience, so I added a back-up camera so you don't have to keep getting out to see if you're lined up with your trailer hitch.
So why am I selling it? Because I stepped up into the ultra-manly realm and bought an even larger truck and no longer need this one. As for the odometer, I have no clue how accurate that is, but it does seem to change as I drive it so it's functioning to some degree. And this is a GMC V3500 - not a Terrain, but Marketplace didn't have that option. There you have it. An amazing truck for an amazing man - the kind that are becoming rarer these days. But if you're that kind of man, this is that kind of truck, so let's make a deal.

CAT525 had to tell me about this one. I can't post pictures but to me this is a"Flea Buy LAUGH" "And" a "WTF" are people thinking. - A Jonsered 2171 (Nice looking) comes with a New light weight bar/chain and 3 new chains Only $1,500.00$ Plus shipping. YOU get a two fer one "WTF" when you read the entire description. It would be appreciated if some one would post the actual add for the convenience of future readers. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2040788614...RaV52AMKEynVQjq3SiAB/BtKoI|tkp:Bk9SR9CM1qjcYA

CAT525 had to tell me about this one. I can't post pictures but to me this is a"Flea Buy LAUGH" "And" a "WTF" are people thinking. - A Jonsered 2171 (Nice looking) comes with a New light weight bar/chain and 3 new chains Only $1,500.00$ Plus shipping. YOU get a two fer one "WTF" when you read the entire description. It would be appreciated if some one would post the actual add for the convenience of future readers. https://www.ebay.com/itm/204078861483?hash=item2f840c4cab:g:eRkAAOSwl~VjCrnM&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4Jvu1DdMZ11PVZ6N2WtcINC6Wnqrj1nAS4mSpDRFP7wfIDMk8osufbQmvzz/J+uNN1qWQOfNpkQdIFDH0dVCgOEHC6MW0IVMe48lWlHIvChKjOsQ/eSAnlbBH3gADqj54BQoNsAQJylI0xo58261l3PIUKd4aeKOpmjCQTaoL4HHysftXRKVol11N+ctPk5HLqlI+tZrWRKjJjWy03Uwc9XIrg8+WE5VVzCc/FXErHzpFqXYaHpiabhFveQkvgruzHEAP6TV3a8hvk+WUyRaV52AMKEynVQjq3SiAB/BtKoI|tkp:Bk9SR9CM1qjcYA

Here you go. I couldn't do a screenshot of all the text so I copied and pasted it below.

Screenshot_20220829-202855_kindlephoto-3562121.png

"Read slowly and carefully to the end.

Jonsered 2171 Turbo with 25" Sugihara (VT3U-0Q62HV) and 3 brand new Oregon chains. (72EXJ084) Saw has a 2 new Caber rings, new Stens heavy duty pull string, and starts on the 2nd to 5th pull. Saw has the before EPA Malhe cylinder. This thing really chews up wood. Ported muffler. It's tuned at 40:1 with Echo Red Armor oil. This saw is ready to cut wood. If you would like a video of the saw running let me know. I keep seeing people getting burned by so called saw seller in Overland Park, Kansas. Buy a saw from me a quality seller.
Also included is a 6 pack of Echo Red Armor oil and a spark plug wrench.
Oregon chains are .050 gauge, 3/8 pitch, 84 drivers.

Handling time is 4 business days due to Ebay managing payments and getting rid of Paypal. Once payment is received in my bank account saw will be shipped that day.

Saw is tuned at 40:1 with Echo Red Armor oil. You will need to mix your gas at 40:1. No EPA or auto tune to slow this chainsaw down. You can get case for $99 on EBay. That's 48 bottles.

Winter blend bar oil must be used in temps below 40 degrees. I had a guy buy a saw 3 years ago and he left it outside over night and then says the saw will not oil. Yeah cause your bar oil is to thick. Last picture shows what to buy.

Why would anyone buy a used chainsaw from other sellers without a compression reading? It's the only way to know what is going on inside the chain saw. What's your time worth?
Be aware that verbage like " runs strong" " seems to be fine" " very powerful" means nothing. It only takes 100 psi for a saw to start. With that low of a reading I would suspect a scored piston and bad ring.

What's your time worth? Sold a saw to a guy in California just recently and he bought two bad saws from other sellers. I sell quality saws.

Anyone who uses Chinese aftermarket parts is doing you a huge disfavor. The saw will not last long at all. You might get a month or two of usage. We only use Meteor aftermarket parts made in Italy. They are considered by most saw rebuilders as better than new.
If the saw does not have a serial number it's a Chinese knock off. Don't believe some of the clowns on here saying their crankcase is brand new Stihl replacement it's not. You can buy an MS660 clone kit for $148.80 currently. Farmer Tec is the brand. Total junk.

If you think a saw should start on the first pull or should not leak a small puddle of bar oil that is being slung onto the chain, you should probably do the world a favor and buy yourself a battery powered one.

Pure-gas.org gives a State by state listing of gas stations that carry Ethanol free gasoline.

Saw starts, runs, idles, oils. It's been tuned to Minnesota altitude and carb may need adjustment upon arrival at its new home. There are no refunds or returns do to idiots putting straight gas in a saw and scoring the piston. Idiots that don't follow advice. Amateurs who can not mount a bar and chain correctly. Amateurs that put the chain on backwards and can't understand why the saw will not cut. Amateurs that dip the bar and chain into dirt and can't figure out why the chain is dull in 3 seconds. Idiots that don't understand corn syrup gas ( gas containing Ethanol) goes bad in 30 days that is why you should use Ethanol free or sometimes referred to as non ox gas. Corn syrup gas does not mix well with oil and you could burn up your saw. Idiots that use Lawnboy oil as mix. No buyers remorse refunds period. If you think your returning this saw after you have cut down your favorite tree your sadly mistaken. Go rent one from a local rental shop. Shipped in one box.

If your thinking of buying a saw it would be a great pleasure if you notified me a day ahead so I can prepare my shipping boxes. I glue my boxes together and glue extra cardboard in the bottom and around the sides to achieve a very durable box. If you own a tree service you can write the saw off on your taxes. You can print off your own invoice for your records since I do not have a printer. Shipped to lower 48 states ONLY. Don't ask me to send anywhere else. It will not happen. Have a question send an email, I usually answer within 10 minutes. When using a longer bar such as a 25 inch as the chain heats up it will stretch. You should check the chain every 15 minutes or so. When your done cutting loosen the chain if you do not you risk snapping the crankshaft because the shrinking chain will break it. Think it's not possible? Ask my mechanic.
Shipped Fedex ground service. NO P.O. BOXES. Usually takes 2 to 4 days after payment is received based on the last 201 saws I have sold. The reason I use Fedex is because on Nov 2nd 2017 USPS sent a saw that was going 400 miles to Oregon Wisconsin first to Washington DC then down to North Carolina then to Chicago with no explanation or answers. 20 days to go 400 miles.

Check out my feedbacks there 100 percent positive. If you don't like my terms don't buy the saw. Sold as is. No warranty. No returns.
Not responsible for chainsaws stolen off your steps. Set up an email with Fedex. As soon as they drop it an email alert can be sent and you will know it's sitting there within 2 to 3 minutes. It works great. A text alert can be achieved if you have a FedEx account. It's free to open. Easy to use.
If the chainsaw or saw package is valued at $500 or more you will have to sign for it. Plan on it. It is not my rule. It's theirs. You can divert the saw to your work if that's easier. You can do all kinds of things if you go on their website.

FedEx is very reliable and I will not use any other shipping company. Fedex is open Monday through Friday.

Running and operating a chainsaw can be very dangerous. I advise you to be sober and drug free. The slightest mistake or miscalculation could be deadly. Remember to keep the chain sharp. I recommend letting a shop sharpen the chain. I pay $7 to have a chain sharpened. It's best to have several chains that way you can take 3 or 4 in at a time and let a Pro sharpen them. What's your time worth?
The quickest way I know to score and ruin a saw is to run it with a dull chain. You will score the clutch side of the cylinder from all the heat being created.

If the deal sounds to good to be true it is. I bought a MS660 with a 36 inch bar for $600 last year from a seller that had zero feedbacks. Guess what the saw never came. He managed to create a FedEx manifest showing that saw was sent from Turkey to Minnesota. I went to Fedex and gave them the tracking number and had them print off all the info they had. Well the kid had the weight of the saw at 1 pound. That saw and bar would weigh 22 to 28 pounds total. It took me 3 weeks to convince Ebay that this was a scam.

Finally I am not a store front style business. I have a day job. I fix boilers. Steam and hot water. I also cut down trees for a fee."

Here you go. I couldn't do a screenshot of all the text so I copied and pasted it below.

View attachment 1013568

Jonsered 2171 Turbo with 25" Sugihara (VT3U-0Q62HV) and 3 brand new Oregon chains. (72EXJ084) Saw has a 2 new Caber rings, new Stens heavy duty pull string, and starts on the 2nd to 5th pull. Saw has the before EPA Malhe cylinder. This thing really chews up wood. Ported muffler. It's tuned at 40:1 with Echo Red Armor oil. This saw is ready to cut wood. If you would like a video of the saw running let me know. I keep seeing people getting burned by so called saw seller in Overland Park, Kansas. Buy a saw from me a quality seller.

Handling time is 4 business days due to Ebay managing payments and getting rid of Paypal. Once payment is received in my bank account saw will be shipped that day.

Saw is tuned at 40:1 with Echo Red Armor oil. You will need to mix your gas at 40:1. No EPA or auto tune to slow this chainsaw down. You can get case for $99 on EBay. That's 48 bottles.

Winter blend bar oil must be used in temps below 40 degrees. I had a guy buy a saw 3 years ago and he left it outside over night and then says the saw will not oil. Yeah cause your bar oil is to thick. Last picture shows what to buy.

Why would anyone buy a used chainsaw from other sellers without a compression reading? It's the only way to know what is going on inside the chain saw. What's your time worth?
Be aware that verbage like " runs strong" " seems to be fine" " very powerful" means nothing. It only takes 100 psi for a saw to start. With that low of a reading I would suspect a scored piston and bad ring.

What's your time worth? Sold a saw to a guy in California just recently and he bought two bad saws from other sellers. I sell quality saws.

Anyone who uses Chinese aftermarket parts is doing you a huge disfavor. The saw will not last long at all. You might get a month or two of usage. We only use Meteor aftermarket parts made in Italy. They are considered by most saw rebuilders as better than new.
If the saw does not have a serial number it's a Chinese knock off. Don't believe some of the clowns on here saying their crankcase is brand new Stihl replacement it's not. You can buy an MS660 clone kit for $148.80 currently. Farmer Tec is the brand. Total junk.

If you think a saw should start on the first pull or should not leak a small puddle of bar oil that is being slung onto the chain, you should probably do the world a favor and buy yourself a battery powered one.

Pure-gas.org gives a State by state listing of gas stations that carry Ethanol free gasoline.

Saw starts, runs, idles, oils. It's been tuned to Minnesota altitude and carb may need adjustment upon arrival at its new home. There are no refunds or returns do to idiots putting straight gas in a saw and scoring the piston. Idiots that don't follow advice. Amateurs who can not mount a bar and chain correctly. Amateurs that put the chain on backwards and can't understand why the saw will not cut. Amateurs that dip the bar and chain into dirt and can't figure out why the chain is dull in 3 seconds. Idiots that don't understand corn syrup gas ( gas containing Ethanol) goes bad in 30 days that is why you should use Ethanol free or sometimes referred to as non ox gas. Corn syrup gas does not mix well with oil and you could burn up your saw. Idiots that use Lawnboy oil as mix. No buyers remorse refunds period. If you think your returning this saw after you have cut down your favorite tree your sadly mistaken. Go rent one from a local rental shop. Shipped in one box.

If your thinking of buying a saw it would be a great pleasure if you notified me a day ahead so I can prepare my shipping boxes. I glue my boxes together and glue extra cardboard in the bottom and around the sides to achieve a very durable box. If you own a tree service you can write the saw off on your taxes. You can print off your own invoice for your records since I do not have a printer. Shipped to lower 48 states ONLY. Don't ask me to send anywhere else. It will not happen. Have a question send an email, I usually answer within 10 minutes. When using a longer bar such as a 25 inch as the chain heats up it will stretch. You should check the chain every 15 minutes or so. When your done cutting loosen the chain if you do not you risk snapping the crankshaft because the shrinking chain will break it. Think it's not possible? Ask my mechanic.
Shipped Fedex ground service. NO P.O. BOXES. Usually takes 2 to 4 days after payment is received based on the last 201 saws I have sold. The reason I use Fedex is because on Nov 2nd 2017 USPS sent a saw that was going 400 miles to Oregon Wisconsin first to Washington DC then down to North Carolina then to Chicago with no explanation or answers. 20 days to go 400 miles.

Check out my feedbacks there 100 percent positive. If you don't like my terms don't buy the saw. Sold as is. No warranty. No returns.
Not responsible for chainsaws stolen off your steps. Set up an email with Fedex. As soon as they drop it an email alert can be sent and you will know it's sitting there within 2 to 3 minutes. It works great. A text alert can be achieved if you have a FedEx account. It's free to open. Easy to use.
If the chainsaw or saw package is valued at $500 or more you will have to sign for it. Plan on it. It is not my rule. It's theirs. You can divert the saw to your work if that's easier. You can do all kinds of things if you go on their website.

FedEx is very reliable and I will not use any other shipping company. Fedex is open Monday through Friday.

Running and operating a chainsaw can be very dangerous. I advise you to be sober and drug free. The slightest mistake or miscalculation could be deadly. Remember to keep the chain sharp. I recommend letting a shop sharpen the chain. I pay $7 to have a chain sharpened. It's best to have several chains that way you can take 3 or 4 in at a time and let a Pro sharpen them. What's your time worth?
The quickest way I know to score and ruin a saw is to run it with a dull chain. You will score the clutch side of the cylinder from all the heat being created.

If the deal sounds to good to be true it is. I bought a MS660 with a 36 inch bar for $600 last year from a seller that had zero feedbacks. Guess what the saw never came. He managed to create a FedEx manifest showing that saw was sent from Turkey to Minnesota. I went to Fedex and gave them the tracking number and had them print off all the info they had. Well the kid had the weight of the saw at 1 pound. That saw and bar would weigh 22 to 28 pounds total. It took me 3 weeks to convince Ebay that this was a scam.

Finally I am not a store front style business. I have a day job. I fix boilers. Steam and hot water. I also cut down trees for a fee."
Dude really does the hard sell, albeit quite high for the age and the class of saw. Take the first digit off that price, I'd say. Your milage may vary.¹

View attachment 1013568

A Very ROBUST Thank You For all your efforts Maybe someday this might be a regular price but today I am reading a bunch of BLARNEY.

My Dad used to cut on an older fellas place. He wanted a load of dry , dead, standing elm out of 5 loads. The place was easy access and close. We got a lot of easy to get oak walnut and other hard woods. Everett (Old Fella) told us for years that it never made sense for him to get green wood at his age he just wanted a bit at a time. Probably cut 15 years off and on for him before he WOKE up LIFELESS
EVERETT was a super nice GUY and I Still kind of miss him.
Family sold the ground and new owner cleared it.

I will post this rant / vent here, due to the ‘idiot seller’ theme:

An errand took me over by the (combined) Porter-Cable / Black&Decker / DeWalt / Stanley (and about everyone else) Factory Service Center today. I had not been in for some time, and I mentioned to the woman at the counter that I used to like browsing their reconditioned, factory seconds, overstock , etc., deals.

She assured me that they ‘NEVER’ had those, shook her head to accent that remark, and repeated ’NEVER had those’.

(OK sweetie. But I won’t mention it to the lawn mower, belt sander, nail and staple guns, bits, fasteners, saw blades, etc., at home, that I bought there, that they don’t really exist, because it might cause some existential trauma).

Philbert

Latest posts

Back