Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will post this rant / vent here, due to the ‘idiot seller’ theme:

An errand took me over by the (combined) Porter-Cable / Black&Decker / DeWalt / Stanley (and about everyone else) Factory Service Center today. I had not been in for some time, and I mentioned to the woman at the counter that I used to like browsing their reconditioned, factory seconds, overstock , etc., deals.

She assured me that they ‘NEVER’ had those, shook her head to accent that remark, and repeated ’NEVER had those’.

(OK sweetie. But I won’t mention it to the lawn mower, belt sander, nail and staple guns, bits, fasteners, saw blades, etc., at home, that I bought there, that they don’t really exist, because it might cause some existential trauma).

Philbert
Is that the one in Edina? I can envision exactly what you’re describing

Minor chest pain: a grinder that I don’t really want, but ‘FREE’!?! And ‘NEW’.

FBF3E05B-EEE0-4A25-9086-E1E00BD14347.jpeg
Maybe about 10 miles away, and ad is explicit: ‘I’m not holding anything and I won’t return emails’. Mixed in with some other stuff. I would’ve offered him $10 to hold it, so that the trip was worthwhile.

Philbert

I saw a Poulan 295 on facebook marketplace last night for $200 with the description of "Hasn't been run in sometime, but last time it ran it ran good" Has a brand new oregon bar and chain, but I can't see an adjuster in the photo, so I sent him a message. Both of my 295s have quick adjusters. He claimed that the saw never had an adjuster, and you just simply pulled the bar to tighten it. I talked with him some more and he admitted that the saw hasn't been run in 15 years, and he recently changed the carb with a aftermarket one and it still won't run. He also just put on the new bar and chain, never been used.

I went back to the add just now for a screen shot and notice that he has dropped the price to $100

IMG_5091.PNG

classic.

as i said in another thread...when something has to be done, no one knows how to do it. when they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Had a job where the homeowner wanted me to climb on the roof of his house to cut some branches of a section of a choke cherry that leaned up on the house bc I wasn’t allowed to use a come along to pull it. He kept the suggestions coming including standing under said section and cutting the stump out from under it. This homeowner also almost lost part of his face when I was cutting down some ornamental cedars bc he decided to grab the tree I was cutting.

OMG!!

Here's a winner for you. Tree is embedded in a chain link fence, leaning towards a house with a wooden fence right next to it, AND there are power lines running through the tree.

Anyone who goes after this, be sure and park with your truck facing out and the motor running. Remove your license plate as well when it falls on their house and rips their electric mast off.Screenshot 2022-10-26 203800.jpgScreenshot 2022-10-26 203843.jpg

OMG!!

Here's a winner for you. Tree is embedded in a chain link fence, leaning towards a house with a wooden fence right next to it, AND there are power lines running through the tree.

Anyone who goes after this, be sure and park with your truck facing out and the motor running. Remove your license plate as well when it falls on their house and rips their electric mast off.View attachment 1027665
The "Condition: Used - like new" is a gem too.

OMG!!

Anyone who goes after this, be sure and park with your truck facing out and the motor running. Remove your license plate as well when it falls on their house and rips their electric mast off.View attachment 1027665View attachment 1027666
Wow! 1900 BF of Black Cherry for FREE! What a deal! I don't know how I missed this one.

You going to get it??

Back