Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had people want us to dismantle an old house for free firewood about twenty years ago, we declined the offer. We were there removing a mulberry tree for firewood, that was fine. Then they asked if we wanted more firewood, and walked us over to the house. Uh, no. Ha!

I have a bunch of mulberry tree logs that I removed this year. Haven't committed to cutting into firewood lengths, but noted that the wood seems really dense/heavy.
Are you telling me that it makes good burning wood?

I have a bunch of mulberry tree logs that I removed this year. Haven't committed to cutting into firewood lengths, but noted that the wood seems really dense/heavy.
Oh Yeh! Burns hot and weathers well outside. I cut every bit I can find. I turned it down once from a sawyer until I found out how good it was. Kind of like Osage Orange. Just don't put too many sticks on at one time.

NO! It's worthless as firewood. You don't want to burn it.

But I tell you what - as you're also in Illinois, just get me the address and I'll come and take it off your hands for you. Just throw me a few bucks for gas and I'll clean it all out for you. :innocent::laugh:

But I tell you what - as you're also in Illinois, just get me the address and I'll come and take it off your hands for you. Just throw me a few bucks for gas and I'll clean it all out for you. :innocent::laugh:
Your first sentence had me going until I read the rest!

Since I know Uncs rep on AS, I knew how take the post. I decline his kind offer, and tease him with the offer I made to my neighbor.

Screenshot_20211128-110328.png
I got no response to the offer.

IMG_20211002_075855407.jpg

So I've been cutting to length and stowing for seasoning.

Sorry, log pile is mostly gone, and offer no longer exists.

I wonder if he'll charge you for any nails or old taps you find.

Also saw someone actually say "highly valuable" when asking you to pay to remove a black walnut in the city. I thought that was just an urban legend

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211230-113733-558.png
    Screenshot_20211230-113733-558.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20211230-113713-868.png
    Screenshot_20211230-113713-868.png
    299.2 KB · Views: 66
I can understand trying to get the trees taken down for free.. I've done that (for people I know / friend of a friend type thing) to get firewood.

But requiring the cutter to be licensed/insured, bring in a crane (which may not even be possible), take it to a mill, and give you some of it back!?

What world do these people live in?

Back