Creamy butternut squash soup.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Butternut squash soup is a very good veggie to make a creamy soup out of and it is so sweet.

I peel about a pound and a half to two pounds size.

Peel the squash and cut in half to deseed.
[IMG]

I use a sharp flexable knife to work under & around the seeds then a soup spoon to drag them out.
[IMG]

Turn the flat side down on the cutting board and cut the halfs into halves again. then slice into small chunks.
[IMG]

Place the chunks in a large pot. Cover with two cans of low sudium chicken broth.
[IMG]
***** adjust the amount of chicken broth per the size of squash. I normaly have the chunks half covered.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Turn heat to medium.
Add a teaspoon of garlic crushed, or two teaspoons of powder form.
Add two table spoons of real butter unsalted.

Cover, bring to a boil, check softness. when soft enough it will mash easy it is ready to use the Emerson blender to blend the squash smooth, Turn heat to the lowest simmer it will go, add a half cup of heavy cream as you blend the squash.
I my self only blend it about 80% because we like to have a few chunks.

Once blended it is ready to eat.

I add monzzerla chease to mine and salt. I do not use any salt while cooking because Kare has high blood pressure problem and is on a pretty much salt free diet.
Recipe also says you can add bacon bits, scalions also.

[IMG]

My favorite peeler is the draw type. As seen on the right, the one on the left is OK for peeling other things like carrots(cooked YUK.) and potatoes.

[IMG]

I also use this recipe to make creamy cauliflower soup, egg plant and broccoli.

Al

Latest posts

Back