Critique this stump.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never cut down a large tree... but, aren't you supposed to cut a wedge out on the side you want the tree to fall on and make a level cut, a little higher up, from the other side?
Yes, that is basically correct. There are several different correct cuts and hinges to safely get a tree down. None of which are pictured in this thread. Evidently you can often make a stupid cut and still get good results, or at least not get killed because we have seen several trees with the same stupid cut. Which makes you think the same guy keeps cutting another tree. Sooner or later it will catch up with you though if you don’t have a good techniques.

I was at a friend's birthday party yesterday. I don't really do birthdays but there was awsome people, good food, cold beer, and live music at this particular BDP, so I had to stop by. While I was there. I observed some stumps the previous land owner made!

All I can say is....

...DAM.
View attachment 993594...and DAM!View attachment 993596
...😂 And DAM!!
View attachment 993597

😧 and GOD DAM!!!
View attachment 993600😂 Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware! 👍
Evidently the "Farmer Cut" is more common than previously thought!:surprised3:

No the guy lives but I did catch up with him later, he claimed his troubles were due to his cheap Poulan chainsaw and poor chain. I looked at his saw, typical Poulan Shark, felt sorry for the dude so gave him a mint 028 I had sitting around not using , am currently giving him instruction on how to use a saw and lots of felling technique, he never ever had any instruction or woods experience, city boy.
The city boy is making fine progress with his tree dropping, will get some updated pics soon to show his progress.

Latest posts

Back