CS2511t standard tune NZ model

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimberMcPherson

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
After one of my guys misdiagnosed a broken clutch spring as a tuning problem, he messed all over the place with his ms2511T carb settings. The manual online talked about setting the low needle to half way between fully screwed in and fully screwed out. With our saws it was miles out.
Im not sure if nz gets a different model since we dont have limiter caps, but with my uneducated tuning I find that 1 and 3/4 turn out on the low and 2 turns out on the High is about right with the 4 CS2511T's that we have, then fine tune from there.

This included my personal saw thats about 5 years old and one thats on its first few tanks. Just putting that out there so it might help somone else fighting to tune there echo

I cant link a video I made to get hits on, but most every saw has a "baseline" starting point for the mixture screws as a starting point- heck Stihl even print their baseline on the plastic covers of their last few generations of models.
I do not own and I am not familiar with the little Echo's, guessing there may be some reference in the owners manuals we all keep in pristine condition when we buy a new saw- but it is not physically on the saw anywhere and they do not play by the 1 turn out from lightly seated, that most other saws do by the looks?
Maybe someone with less than a couple of years experience messing with saws will set to factory start points and be happy, maybe they will pester more experienced saw tuners to borrow their experience, maybe they will learn tuning 1-0-1 on youtube, but what I take from the OP is these are what he discovered as base starting points from which to fine tune the saws- not set to "this" and forget.

Latest posts

Back