Cs490 or cs590 for gift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenBH

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey,
We had hired a guy to fell all our poplar on our new land. He did the work so cheap and has complained of a tired jonesred saw that I wanted to buy him a new one for his bonus. He does this a lot around the area and would probably be a mix of big and small, hardwood and soft, felling, limbing, and firewood cutting. Which saw would be the better to get for this mixed use? I know the 490 is significantly lighter which is really my biggest concern on the 590. This guy is pushing 70 but he's no small guy. I (and I'm sure he) would appreciate the input.

Ben

501 is a little out of my budget right now so 590 it is! Thanks for the input everyone! He's not expecting anything like this and should be a nice surprise. Didnt wanna spoil it by asking him.
Bless you for giving him a nice and useful gift. Merry Christmas!

590 is a great saw indeed. Muffler modded two of them this summer, easiest muffler to mod ever. Definitely pull limiter caps on carb and tune in wood. These saws perform exceptionally well after that.

If you can get the cs 400 package with the case that would be my choice. I have alot of echos but that is always the one I grab and the one that stays in my truck for emergencies. Thing oils like crazy and pulls 14 and 18 inch bars great. The power to weight ratio is awesome and hasn't let me down yet.

If you can get the cs 400 package with the case that would be my choice. I have alot of echos but that is always the one I grab and the one that stays in my truck for emergencies. Thing oils like crazy and pulls 14 and 18 inch bars great. The power to weight ratio is awesome and hasn't let me down yet.
Same here. I like liked the first one so much I picked up another. One wears a 14” bar the other 18” pulled the carb limiters and re tuned is all I did.

I got 3 over a span of 7 years. I wish the 590 I got oiled as good as the 400. All run all the time. I had one quit on me but I was cutting log jams in a river while wearing waders. My local dealer still fixed it for free even though it was just out of the 5 year warranty. Looks like they replaced the coil on it but didn't tell me what was wrong other than possible moisture. Well no **** lol.

Latest posts

Back