Cut your time by at least 1 second! No mods,easy!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trappermike

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was competing at a chainsaw competition at Sayward on Vancouver Island,B.C..Canada.
My brother came along and brought his video camera.
I competed with a 100cc Stihl 064 and did well.World Champion Ron Hartill was there and performed excellently as usual,I believe he won 100cc class.
Later at home my brother was replaying the chainsaw events on TV with his cam recorder and then we got to watch Ron Hartill perform,in SLOW MOTION! What a surprise!
In this event we were using "Cold Starts",hands on the log,saw on the ground at your feet not running,wait for the commentator to say "Timers ready,contestants ready,one,two,Go!" At which point each contestant would quickly reach down,grab his saw,start it,then pick it up and proceed to make his 1-3 cuts as fast as possible.
But Ron,that "sly fox",would immediately pick his saw up and start it WHILE he was picking it up! He was saving a lot of time,and only watching him in slow motion did we observe this.
So from then on I practiced doing what he did,starting my saw as I was picking it up.I soon got good at it with practice and was beating my buddies to the wood who I practiced with! I never told them of my new technique.
That one little trick helped my times immensely.
Thanks Ron!! He was a wonderful man and competitor.
Just a little tidbit I thought I'd throw in to help those who don't know.
Good luck guys and ladies!.

Back