D009 on a K095 mount??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just checked and compared bars with the ones I have and the 095 slot fits on Mac 10 series bar studs. So that means a D176 bar will fit a saw that runs a 095. The issue is oiling. D176 bars have oil that enters the adjuster holes and then goes through a hole at the top of the tensioner holes and in to the channel of the bar. Not sure if that makes sense or not. So to make that bar work, you would have to get out the dremmel and make a channel to the tensioner holes up to the point where it can pick up oil from the saw. I’m butchering this explanation but long story short is a D176 for McCulloch will work on a saw that use an 095 so long as you dremmel out that channel. And there are several folks that sell a 28” d175. Tsumura, Oregon, little red barn all have them.

I’ll admit the light weight tsumura is over a $100 but it’s a great product

there are 24 inch k095 bars available from Oregon. i have one for my 6100 for when i need to do big stuff. I believe I've seen longer than that in a k095 mount.
24" is a nice comfortable length for most I will be doing, and I may settle at that size as it's pretty versatile. I'm usually only running 18 or 20 on most saws. I'm pretty average height I guess at 5'7" do you think 28 would be a bit much bar?

I have a 30 for my Mac 300 but that only comes out for the big mean wood once in a while, bucking only, not felling

Bigger bar on a smaller cc saw?

For 3/8” chain my 570/575/385 to 17”,20, 24”,28”,32”,36” bars
For 404” chain my 2100, 285, to 18”, 20”, 24”, 28”, 32”, 36”, 42” bars
My other saws run 325” short bars, 240,353,359,357,257,350,354.

Billy boy, did you read the #1 post?
The guy is looking for a 28" bar for a 77cc saw.

Stupid me I’m water logged too much rain.

It depends on how much room for the width of the tail. The smaller bar is narrower.

So I just checked and compared bars with the ones I have and the 095 slot fits on Mac 10 series bar studs. So that means a D176 bar will fit a saw that runs a 095. The issue is oiling. D176 bars have oil that enters the adjuster holes and then goes through a hole at the top of the tensioner holes and in to the channel of the bar. Not sure if that makes sense or not. So to make that bar work, you would have to get out the dremmel and make a channel to the tensioner holes up to the point where it can pick up oil from the saw. I’m butchering this explanation but long story short is a D176 for McCulloch will work on a saw that use an 095 so long as you dremmel out that channel. And there are several folks that sell a 28” d175. Tsumura, Oregon, little red barn all have them.

I’ll admit the light weight tsumura is over a $100 but it’s a great product
I've stumbled across this thread 5x now while searching for an adapter to run a D025 stihl bar on a K095 Husky small mount saw. I'm sure the D025 to D009 adapter would get me close with a little slop then I just have to figure out oil holes. I did see that sugihara is making 24" and 28" lightweight K095 bars now. Sheldon has said "coming soon" on these bars for like 8 months and I have been patiently waiting but they keep jacking the price up (87, 93, 101...) Picked one of each up for HL's black friday sale last night, looks like it is still going on:
https://www.hlsproparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VH2U-0Q50HVhttps://www.hlsproparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VH2U-0Q62HV

I've stumbled across this thread 5x now while searching for an adapter to run a D025 stihl bar on a K095 Husky small mount saw. I'm sure the D025 to D009 adapter would get me close with a little slop then I just have to figure out oil holes. I did see that sugihara is making 24" and 28" lightweight K095 bars now. Sheldon has said "coming soon" on these bars for like 8 months and I have been patiently waiting but they keep jacking the price up (87, 93, 101...) Picked one of each up for HL's black friday sale last night, looks like it is still going on:
https://www.hlsproparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VH2U-0Q50HVhttps://www.hlsproparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VH2U-0Q62HV
I tried to get another lo pro sprocket last year from Chainsawbars to put my Stihl mount 20" GB lo pro bar on a K095 mount and for some reason Rob flagged the order and questioned me what I was using it for. I was at first kinda like, that's my business, I know what I'm doing, thinking I could slightly modify a D025 to D176 8mm Echo mount to make it work. I was like, if a D025 routinely adapts to a D009, why can't I adapt it to a K095? He explained it was all about the tail shape, D shapes are similar and compatible, K tails are a much narrower and completely different beast. It explains why no one has ever made the adapter. Note: My bad for not reading the whole thread completely enough, for some reason I didn't catch that from the start it was about accepting there are big differences in the tails, but establishing how to overcome them no matter how complicated.

I tried to get another lo pro sprocket last year from Chainsawbars to put my Stihl mount 20" GB lo pro bar on a K095 mount and for some reason Rob flagged the order and questioned me what I was using it for. I was at first kinda like, that's my business, I know what I'm doing, thinking I could slightly modify a D025 to D176 8mm Echo mount to make it work. I was like, if a D025 routinely adapts to a D009, why can't I adapt it to a K095? He explained it was all about the tail shape, D shapes are similar and compatible, K tails are a much narrower and completely different beast. It explains why no one has ever made the adapter. Now I have a rebuilt MS361, I'm getting rid of my K tail Husky's and just running saws with D009 or D025 mounts from here on out.
I know it will be a big job reshaping the tail and redrilling oil holes, but it IS possible... Right?

I know it will be a big job reshaping the tail and redrilling oil holes, but it IS possible... Right?
I don't think you can drill oil holes in a D bar that can be fed by a K mount oiler - there's just such a dramatic difference in tail width. Maybe you could make one of those old McCulloch style oil external channels, less than ideal but might work. Otherwise, sure, anything's possible with enough work lol.

Getting back on track, here is what we are working with. Looks like the old oiler hole will have to be filled and a new one drilled. Seems possible, but then you have to deal with the extra meat on the bar if it hits anywhere

Attachments

• D025toK095.png
    D025toK095.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 0
See post 11. Depending on how large the pad the bar rests against you may need to close off the top of the original oil hole or make a tunnel of sorts with epoxy. May want to put a steel sheet or washers to better clamp the bar if the clutch cover is plastic or weak. The slot is only 9 mm vs 8mm or there abouts so that should be easy. While the tail may be wider they both probably are intended for the same size drive sprocket.

The only thing worth the time is a good roller nose if your doing tail work, and plenty of it, to make a race saw mount.

Going to a 3003 from a 3005 is about what your trying to do there. It will only bring issues from the lack of tail height to cover the spread. Inverse is a worse senerio. Getting a 12mm tail to mount on the 14mm is the same issue. The oil hole is beyond the rail edge unless your dealing with a tall belly bar tail section like my Cannon 3120 mount now running on a 12mm Stihl and also on the 14mm Stihl. It now sports a 12mm slot and two sets of adjust holes with two oil holes. Only two bars here can acually do that. The rest just come up short. Couldn't imagine reducing some to go on a 95 mount. You're starting from scratch at that point and machining the new gauge slot after grinding off a half inch of bar height. Be easier to slice off the bar and weld a tail on it.

Edit: had to flip those Stihl numbers
Then again maybe I'm conrnfused 😕

Back