Dcs 6000i carb replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czarix

Reaction score
I want to replace carb in my dcs6000i but there is a subtle difrence between mine and the one I want to buy my HS-236CIMG_20220519_112717070.jpg
and very similar one with the brass pipe one the top cover of carb, which shop is offering. It seem to be fuel return pipe I guess, but my carb doesn't have it. Would it work if modify it somehow? I asked tillotson and they don't have any of this carbs. I like that saw It was my father's first saw now I'm trying to make it works. I'll be thankful if you help.

Attachments

• obraz.png
    obraz.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220519_112706327.jpg
    IMG_20220519_112706327.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
That brass nipple looks like an external impulse fitting to me. Does your original carb get it's impulse through the face of the carb or through an external pipe?

Throught the face of the carb so I guess it wouldn't work cuz it should be connected with crankcase to work right.

Here is a few carbs that will swap into your saw but will have a traditional choke, so you would need to either get the proper choke linkage or modify your richener linkage.

Tillotson HS222
Walbro HDA22-1
Walbro HDA23-1

Thanks for your help. My saw is running quite well and starts smoothly. Btw I asked Tilotson staff about that brass tube and I got this: "
The main difference is that the HS-236E has what we call compensation system. This is basically a tube which is connected to the brass tube on the metering cover of the carburettor and the other side of the tube is connected to the filter housing. The reasoning behind this is that if the filter gets blocked normally what happens is that the engine/carburettor runs richer as the vacuum increases within the engine and therefore pulls more fuel. With the compensation system the negative pressure over the metering diaphragm increases as the filter gets blocked and this increase in negative pressure prevents the movement of the diaphragm and restricts the fuel flow.
"
So I think it would work my saw has not got any compensation system.

That is an interesting concept. I'm not sure I would have a lot of confidence in that compensator circuit leaning out your carburetor just the right amount when your air filter is plugged. Anyone who cares about their expensive saw would simply keep the air filter clean. I agree that since that brass fitting is just a vent, that carb should work okay on your saw.

Back