Dealers with a return policy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livemusic

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Do any dealers allow returns? I have no idea, curious how they 'work.' Say you buy a new Stihl MSA300 battery saw, try it but it doesn't fit what you're looking for. Could you return it?

The alternative would be if the dealer has a log of oak there and you could test the saw. But I'd have to test it with quite a few cuts to feel comfortable giving the thumbs up on that amount of money.

My particular concern is I don't want it to feel like the bar is 'binding' in the cut. I think this saw has a narrow kerf chain. I have had that feeling before with NK.

It is my understanding that the MSA300 is only becoming available in Europe. They have introduced here for over a year the .325 chain it comes with. 23RS pro code 3690. I believe this is the only .325 0.050 gauge going forward. The 0.063 stuff is like the earlier 0.050 stuff. This is good stuff and I can use it on a sold replaceable nose bar without problems when new. This is not to be confused with the mini .325 chain Husky puts on their electric top and rear handle saws.

As to the question, perhaps with certain credit cards the issue could be forced. I did the arithmetic, to get 4 horsepower given the size of the battery six minutes of run time. You can try the math yourself. I think I got like 9C discharge rate which is at the technical edge of things now.

Back