Dealing with crap at work -- literally

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you draw the line with animal poop? I am a ground guy. We get to the jobsite and there is a really nice tree we will be working on, but there is dog poop everywhere. A few weeks worth at least. All I could smell the entire morning was dog poop. It got on my gloves a few times.

Then, as if to add insult to injury, the homeowners had someone come blow out their sprinklers while we are working. To say I was angry about all of this would be an understatement.

I considered walking off the job.

I will sweat. I will bleed. I will work so hard I have salt deposits on my shirt. I will work until I get a headache and then keep working (I solved this problem with salt tabs).

I feel like professionals should not have to deal with this. I have cuts on my arms from dragging brush. What if dog poop gets in them? Am I being a snowflake? Is this actually a perk of the job?

What do you think? Has there ever been a time you refused to start a job until the jobsite was cleaned up? Have you cancelled a job because of this?
Not really old enough to be Groundie yet, but when I was running my month-old RMA 460v, FSA 57, and SH 56 mowing the neighbor's lawns, one client paid me 20 less than my normal price, and there were land mines everywhere. Got to learn how to wash electric tools the hard way. Needless to say, I got the hell out of there and eventually started mowing brush instead of lawns. The FS 131 was a great investment because it will make a lot of money any given summer. Also got some jerk's dog poop sprayed right through my visor when I was running my MM 56 trimmer mower in front of my yard.

I remember cleaning the cow stalls as a kid and had the water trough that needed cleaning after being inside all winter, lower than the cows back ends and often found them crapping in it. Figured the best way to drain it down was to syphon it out. So I sucked on the hose to get the syphon going ..........🤢🤮
1st time Learning how to siphon gas out of a car as a kid. Seemed like I drank about 1/2 a cup probably less-.Never told anybody--Burped a lot throughout the day high octane flavor.Never made that mistake again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back