Decided to add some need things to the chipper.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin in Ohio

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
MVC-001S_5.JPG

Decided to add a couple things to the Chipper. I need a place to hold the saws, pre mix, bar oil and maintenance bucket. When I chip I always need a saw and holding it or having it on the tractor moving gets old fast.

MVC-002S_5.JPG

I had a length of 6x6 pressure treated and simply used some long carriage bolts to attach it to the frame. Once that was done, I plunge cut with the saw through the center.

MVC-003S_5.JPG

Drilled through the upper leg box beam in the center so no strength was lost.

MVC-004S_5.JPG

Bars are a ways from the ground so shouldn't have any issues. Quick and easy to get and return. Won't have any issues with falling out either.

MVC-005S_4.JPG

On the other side I got some stainless angle iron and tube. Did the measuring and decided the size needed and cut triangles out of the bottom and bent them in. This is 1/8" angle so no heat was needed. On the mounting end, I cut a slit in the corner and double folded it.

MVC-006S_4.JPG

Cutting the triangles and bending gives you a nicer rounded corner. Just weld the edges where they meet and plenty strong.

MVC-007S_3.JPG

I welded 2 edges of the double fold and drilled a 1/2" hole to mount it on.

MVC-008S_2.JPG

Kind of tight behind the box and I wanted something clean for the tube rail mount. I tapped the tube and then welded a nut on with a bolt holding it all straight and in line. To mount, I inserted a longer length of thread all from the outside, then double nutted it. This way I can have about 3 inches of thread contact on the inside of the tube plus the nut.

MVC-009S_2.JPG

I cut 45's on the tube as well and then welded the joint.

MVC-010S_2.JPG

For the uprights, I used a angle grinder to cut a slot through the middle. I also drilled a hole in the middle of the tube so I would have a matching radius to weld it on. Had to keep it a little smaller and enlarged it to size with a carbide burr.

MVC-011S_1.JPG

End product should do just fine.

MVC-012S_1.JPG

This will make it a lot nicer.

Great idea, simplicity is the best.

I made a scabbard to fit on the roll bar of the tractor and it didn't work worth a $hit.

Latest posts

Back