Did I Invent This Or Has It Been Done Before?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haironyourchest

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Pushing over back leaners with a branch/ladder/etc, it occurred to me I could get leverage by triangulating the push pole to the stem with a ratchet strap. It worked, anyway. Longer pole+strap = more leverage. The beauty of the system is you can change the placement of the pole at will, and adjust the length of the strap on the fly. Super cheap system. Penny for your thoughts.

Pushing over back leaners with a branch/ladder/etc, it occurred to me I could get leverage by triangulating the push pole to the stem with a ratchet strap. It worked, anyway. Longer pole+strap = more leverage. The beauty of the system is you can change the placement of the pole at will, and adjust the length of the strap on the fly. Super cheap system. Penny for your thoughts.

Very nice: I did something similar; I had a 20 foot long snap-off (20 inch diameter), hung at a 45° angle from the ground to a branch, I drilled a 1" hole through the center, and slid a piece of black pipe 5 feet long through the hole and used the pipe like a tommy bar (on a C-clamp) to rotate the wood off of the branch it was resting.

Back