Difference between Echo CS-345 & CS-346 ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin GB

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all, I have looked up things here for a while but this is my 1st actual post. I'm in Michigan and have some wooded property so I have been "Collecting" chainsaws for a while (My wife tells me I have a problem, I tell her I only have 13 so there's no problem I can see). I've had just about everything over the years and now have a pretty diverse group with Echo's being the most predominant. Don't want to start an argument over brands, I pretty much enjoy using all of them :) My Echo group consists of a CS-670, CS-400, CS-352, CS-346 & a CS-345. My question is, can anyone tell me the difference between the CS-345 & the CS-346 ? I picked up the 345 a few days ago and it runs great, I really like the 346 for the smaller stuff. Nice light saw with enough power for what I'm using it for. I've had the 346 for a few years and setting them side by side I can't see a difference other than the tag. I can't see why they would market 2 saws that were pretty much the same so there must be something I'm missing. Same displacement, cases, filters ???? I know there must be something just can't see it yet.

And just want to say thanks to all the knowledgeable people that have posted here, I've learned alot from old posts. I always come here to look something up when I have an issue, knowing someone else has probably had it before.

They sure look the same, it just didn't make any sense to have them identical with different model #'s and have to print manuals and part lists for both. Go figure. All I know is they run good and they're keepers.

346 has 33.4 ccs, bxs is 39x28 and 7.5 lbs. builtin 2002 and discontinued in 2006
345 is exactly the same specs. built in 2002 and discontinued in 2003

About the biggest I can see is the max RPM on the 345 is 10 to 12000 rpm where the 346 is 11500 to 12000

Back