Difficulty at obtaining spares - mcculloch 539e

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fossicker

Reaction score
Hello all, greetings from Spain :)

Recently I have gained full control of my dad's Mcculloch chainsaw, who has surrendered it since it's in need of a shape-up and maintenance, as it didn't idle properly, too much smoke, etc, etc.

Anyhow, to my surprise, I discovered that Mcculloch has changed quite a lot of hands as a company, and apparently spares are quite the thing to get your hands on, specially around here. At least, official spares, as simple as an ''original'' fuel filter, at least for this model.

So, the question is: has anyone found himself with this problem, and how ''bad'' would it be to use parts of other brands, or even something as a filter from aliexpress or similar? Because I haven't found, for instance, a fuel filter with the same configuration/aspect, and that is quite an unexpensive and easy (or should be) accesible part.

Regards

It is very common to have an old chainsaw that you can't get parts for anymore. If you can find another part that will work, there is no shame in using it.

McCulloch has not been a major manufacturer of chainsaws since the 1980's. Many of the saws sold with the McCulloch name in the 1990's 2000's 2010's are cheap "throwaway" saws with the McCulloch name on them. That is likely what this 539e is, and you probably never could get parts for it.

Back