Do You Wear Full PPE When You Cut?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My typical attire when tree cutting
  • Helmet
  • Glasses
  • Gloves
  • Ear Protection
Me too every time I have a saw in my hands. Last time out after finishing cutting I shut the saw off and put in a safe spot. Then I took my helmet, face shield, and ear muffs off and put them in a safe spot too. Next I turned to start picking up the wood, tripped and face planted right into an eight inch round striking my forehead. Never fails every time I have been injured (injured myself) in the woods it was right after I had removed my protective garb thinking I was safe since the saw was turned off and out of the way. Never have cut myself with a chain saw but can not count the number of times I have tripped and fell hard. Once I was hit on the head by a falling limb on the head, I not only saw stars but the stars were red too. Moral of this story is not only put PPE on but KEEP it on while in the woods.

Forgot to mention my steel toed boots, think the pair I wear now are Carhart brand, have had several different brands over the years.

Back