Does anyone here have a MS261 EZ start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just have had this starter laying around, and I never had ever seen one here locally. I don't think that anyone that would buy a ms261 would ever buy an EZ start one. I am sure that the dealer I got it from ordered it by accident, I should imagine.
I was just curious if anyone here has ever seen one for sale at a dealer. I couldn't imagine a dealer around here would ever order that model.

I have read that you can replace the typical starter with an EZ-start (as pictured) and vice-versa. I have done this for top handle saws on occasion. Tree service companies seem to love to break the EZ-starts along with about every other part on a top handle saw.

There is still a starter pull rope. I'm waiting on the push button start. Stihl almost got there with the push button stop on the 500i. They just need to redirect that button and they can dominate the market and sell at any price.

I dont get why guys dont like the EZ start, once you get used to it they're great but you do need to use a different technic. Hold the saw still with one hand and GENTLY pull the rope with the other, it makes starting the saw in awkward spots a breeze. It also helps alot when its really cold and the saw turns over harder and slower. I swapped back and forth on one of my china saws, once it got cold out I put the EZ start right back on and forgot about the regular one. It was way easier to start the saw in the cold with the easy start, that saws 61cc and high compression, it took some serious effort to drop start it with the normal starter.

They sell a bunch here in KY. lol

I just have had this starter laying around, and I never had ever seen one here locally. I don't think that anyone that would buy a ms261 would ever buy an EZ start one. I am sure that the dealer I got it from ordered it by accident, I should imagine.
I was just curious if anyone here has ever seen one for sale at a dealer. I couldn't imagine a dealer around here would ever order that model.

Not sure where he is but most dealers around NKY have them. I had one and just couldn't get used to it. I'd give it the good hard down throw and yank that I've always been used to doing. Mine wasn't on the 261 though. I got rid of it.
Well the Regional Distributor is in the Cincinnati area, so maybe they just got rid of them on their local guys. Still, that on a ms261 has to be extremely rare.

Never knew that was available on an MS26X series (‘PRO’) saw. But we have seen several posts about guys whose fathers are getting older, and having trouble starting a conventional saw. Could be a good option for that type of user, who does not want to ‘downgrade’ to a smaller, ‘consumer’ saw.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back