Dolmar 7300 leaking oil & how to remove clutch?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old CB

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So it WAS a 7300 that I made a 7900, but the bar oil weeps out of that thing like it was designed to. I found a couple of old threads that say I should replace the oil lines with green ones--are they still available? And from who/where?

Also, I'm trying to remove the clutch to access the oil lines, but having trouble. Got my little piece of rope in the cylinder thru the plug hole and am banging away with drift pin & rubber hammer, but it hasn't budged yet and I want to make sure I'm doing things right before I damage something. I'm driving the clutch in a clockwise direction as I face it (just like any other saw). Is there some strange Dolmar trick assembly, or have I just not beat hard enough yet?

They have a special tool for that, but I have had good luck with a piece of wood and a hammer on my 6400.

I actually made a couple clutch pullers out of wood and broke them both before I called the tool tech at the local home depot rental to ask if I could borrow his makita clutch puller. He said he didn't even have one... "just hit it with a hammer", and he was right. Boy did I feel dumb after all that. :laugh:

You're right about the clockwise to remove part, nothing special there.

Back