Dolmar advice needed.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I was out cutting with a friend today. Tried to use my right arm to start a saw, and the compression's got my bad right wrist/hand/arm acting up again.:(
Which started me thinking about "easy Start" saws. I've never been a fan of the easy start feature... but pain has a way of changing my mind.
Didn't Dolmar have a batch of their saws offered with the "easy start" option? I had a PS510 and PS350 that were magnificently made saws. If I could find out exactly what model Dolmar saws offered easy start, and what number or letter designation signified the easy start feature, I could start looking for one.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated !!

I was out cutting with a friend today. Tried to use my right arm to start a saw, and the compression's got my bad right wrist/hand/arm acting up again.:(
Which started me thinking about "easy Start" saws. I've never been a fan of the easy start feature... but pain has a way of changing my mind.
Didn't Dolmar have a batch of their saws offered with the "easy start" option? I had a PS510 and PS350 that were magnificently made saws. If I could find out exactly what model Dolmar saws offered easy start, and what number or letter designation signified the easy start feature, I could start looking for one.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated !!

@davidwyby has an easy-start 6100, that little guy felt a bit porky but it is the easiest-starting saw I've handled. As I recall, it felt like you were just trying to pull the rope out and not actually start something.

@davidwyby has an easy-start 6100, that little guy felt a bit porky but it is the easiest-starting saw I've handled. As I recall, it felt like you were just trying to pull the rope out and not actually start something.
That's how mine is. It takes some getting used to. It has a ton of compression but if you just pull it slow and steady it fires right up.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

How do you like the Makita 3200? I started to buy one but I didn't.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
It was my first saw about 5 years ago. It had an issue with the sprocket from new but I replaced it with a slightly modified version and it was great.
Other than that no complaints at all and I cut a lot of firewood with it till I got the bigger saw.
I sold it once I got an Echo 310 for half price on clearance.

My smurf 6100 has it. Its definitely different... I personally dont like it but I understand the reasons for it in the OP’s case.

that saw still had not seen wood. I think its a 2015
[emoji848]
Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻

My smurf 6100 has it. Its definitely different... I personally dont like it but I understand the reasons for it in the OP’s case.

that saw still had not seen wood. I think its a 2015
[emoji848]

Smurf 6100... I like that !!!
From the looks of the Makita website, it looks like they are going back to orange.

I have a 5105 with the easy start and it is certainly easy to pull over.....and it actually starts great.
Now, I dont really need it on a 50cc saw and would prefer the non easy start as it is narrower(recoil area), but it works as advertised.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Maybe handing the reins back to Dolmar.
Makita will not sell anymore petrol powered saws from some date in the near future.

Tomalophicon, is Makita going to drop petrol chainsaws and let them go away forever, or will Makita let Dolmar start putting the Dolmar name on them, and continue production?
Agreed, it would be nice to see the Dolmar name go back on them just like old times.
Where did you hear Makita was dropping gas saws? How soon?

Tomalophicon, is Makita going to drop petrol chainsaws and let them go away forever, or will Makita let Dolmar start putting the Dolmar name on them, and continue production?
Agreed, it would be nice to see the Dolmar name go back on them just like old times.
Where did you hear Makita was dropping gas saws? How soon?

Makita stated it a few years ago. I think they said (at the time) by the year 2021 they would not sell gas powered saws.

Back