Dolmar advice needed.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried it yet? Just pull slowly.
My saws have been put away for the season so I'm waiting for the movie. If it looks different than what I've experienced, I'll put some fuel in the saw and try it. Just based on the way it feels, it doesn't seem right. I can hold the saw up by the starter rope for a long time w/o it dropping for one rotation. Lots of compression when cold.

My saws have been put away for the season so I'm waiting for the movie. If it looks different than what I've experienced, I'll put some fuel in the saw and try it. Just based on the way it feels, it doesn't seem right. I can hold the saw up by the starter rope for a long time w/o it dropping for one rotation. Lots of compression when cold.
I'll do one for ya tonight.

It'll hang by its rope - there's plenty of compression.

I was out cutting with a friend today. Tried to use my right arm to start a saw, and the compression's got my bad right wrist/hand/arm acting up again.:(
Which started me thinking about "easy Start" saws. I've never been a fan of the easy start feature... but pain has a way of changing my mind.
Didn't Dolmar have a batch of their saws offered with the "easy start" option? I had a PS510 and PS350 that were magnificently made saws. If I could find out exactly what model Dolmar saws offered easy start, and what number or letter designation signified the easy start feature, I could start looking for one.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated !!

My dcs6420 dolkita has it. Never use it. My old dolmar 111 is nastier

Hmmm, wonder if I have manual anywhere to read. I've never properly tried to easy start mine. I just prime it with the bulb, choke it, pull twice till it gives a first burble, drop the choke and pull one more time to start. That's as easy as I need, but I am pulling like I do on all my saws.

Here at about 28 seconds in, I start it on second pull between my legs. Any easier and they might as well make a remote start for them.

How do you not use it? Just jerk on it instead of pulling slowly like everyone says?
I couldn't tell you I never found it to work right on any saw That I've ever tried so I just quit trying to use it on saws. mine usually starts with 1 or 2 Pulls even after sitting for a year

anyone have a good place to find parts for an older
Dolmar? I have a older 120 super, and am looking for an air filter for it.

Cut some decorative cookies for my wife tonight. Fired on the first pull normal pull speed and started on the second.
From watching both videos I'd say they mirror my experience starting my 6100. Clunky, not "easy" but it only lasts three pulls on my saw when cold. The "high compression" feeling goes away when warm and is as close to perfection as you can get in saw starting ease. When cold, if you put it on the ground and put your foot in the handle as they reccommend it's pretty easy. It's just the "crotch jerk" method that is hard to make look like it's supposed to be done that way.
It's funny but I've yet to see a 6100 video that looks like it has the 20 inch bar that comes with the saw still on it. Everybody puts a longer bar on the saw from the looks of it. The dogs on the saw are very long so a 20" bar would cut with about 18< of bar anyway.

Back