Dolmar Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a year old 5105 H and just picked up a slightly been used 7910 XD . There will be parts availability for at least a decade or so , I already have spares . 13 k Coils & Air filters , clutch drums etc would be a investment in the future . Same thing I did with my 2012 346 xp ;)

I just yesterday ordered a 510 non Cat muffler at this point that is all I really wanted I guess.
Jeff, the 510 and 5100 use the same muffler.They are very simple inside and easy to modify without splitting the case. I cut the exhaust gill in about 15 minutes and getting ready to give it a coat of high temperature black paint.

Jeff, got a question.Is there anything unusual going on at the Stihl Dealerships in your part of Maine.
We had two Stihl Dealerships in Millington TN. and one has just closed for good. The other one is having
problems getting parts including chains. It just seems out of character for Stihl considering how large their plant is in Virginia Beach, VA. I'm wondering how bad Covid-19 is taking its toll on manufacturing like what happened to the meat processing plants last spring. There may be quite a shortage of parts in the next six months.

Well I think I lied about the muffler it is for a 5100 not 510 maybe they are are the same though. Can you show a picture of what you did? i was under the impression that just switching out the 5105 cat muffler to a non cat muffler would be enough. I just wanted one without a cat. I got a finger burned pretty bad a few weeks ago. I was wearing leather gloves and somehow I ended up brushing the back of my hand on the muffler after running the saw a few hours. Even with the glove on it burned my finger enough to blister it. A man of lesser control may have introduced that saw to the Dolmar Discus throw concept, I however remained calm and swore,....a lot!

As far as Stihl dealers I would be no help there i have one 15 minutes away but I have not been there in a year or so.

Allegedly the parts production won't cease till 7 years after the ope units themselves. I'm guessing this won't be entirely true and certain parts will phase out sooner.

Since this is a chainsaw subforum I will note the current Makita products I have only blow cooling air through the batteries on the charger. This limits continuous use, especially in hot conditions. The batteries have bus bar sort of connection for the tool and a multi pin mini plug with only a corresponding socket on the charger. Maybe plug and socket the other way. Hard to tell what the future will bring. Interesting video on YouTube taking apart the genuine and aftermarket batteries. Less electronics in the aftermarket ones.

picture of what you did
I may be able to get my wife to take a photo with her smart phone then send it. All I did was cut a 3 " horizontal cut on the front of the muffler up towards the top with a dremel and small cutter wheel. Then a 1/4" vertical cut on each side and stick a stiff putty knife in the horizontal cut and just bend the flap upwards to about a 30 degree angle.This little flap quadruples the exhaust flow downward. I saw a PS-4600 about a year ago with two exhaust gills cut and double stacked.I really don't think that you would need that much flow but it was cool looking. I guess the easy way out is to just drill four 1/2" holes horizontally in alignment right on that narrow protruding ridge on the front of the muffler.

Heads up for those who might be looking out for Dolmar Spare parts in 2023!
I came across this thread about having concerns with spareparts moving forward.
I might some old NOS Dolmar parts in Asia that you need - Feel free to dm me!

-oldpartsinasia Joe

Heads up for those who might be looking out for Dolmar Spare parts in 2023!
I came across this thread about having concerns with spareparts moving forward.
I might some old NOS Dolmar parts in Asia that you need - Feel free to dm me!

-oldpartsinasia Joe
Would love to know what dolmar 123 parts you are able to source thanks in advance

Bits and pieces, appreciate if you can drop a PM and we pick up from there..

I have the list of what I roughly have.

If you have the part numbers, I can check against on the remaining parts.

There are a few of the members who have been getting the parts from me so stocks are dwindling..

-oldpartsinasia Joe

Sorry I don't have the part numbers but would be interested if you can get a dolmar 123 piston kit

Hi,

123 130 000 CYLINDER WITH PISTON KIT - no stock
123 130 200 CYLINDER WITH PISTON KIT - 4 sets left.

You can see the difference in how the spark plug is installed between these cylinders
1695268197211.png

More mug shots of the 123 130 200 with the 45 deg spark plug hole.

image 123130200 1.jpeg

image 123130200 2.jpeg

-oldpartsinasia Joe

Latest posts

Back